• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modifying G&W's Judge Hammer...

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Basically, I want to make it so that rather than the numbers being somewhat randomly chosen, I want them to cycle from 1 to 9 in order repeatedly.

Part of the Action-113 code (in the endless if On Ground / In Air loop) reads in multiple places:
Code:
Change SubAction: sub action=RA-Basic[0], pass frame = true
So I suspect the RA-Basic[0] variable temporarily stores the random number used to determine the proper subaction, or receives it from some external source. At any rate, changing the sub action numbers all to 1D0 made it always do the 1-hammer's hitbox (and damage G&W, etc.), but the numbers actually shown were random.

I figure that rather than calling the subaction there, I could place calls to a subroutine that manipulates some unused Longterm-Access variable as follows:
Code:
Basic Variable Add: LA-Basic[???] +1
If Compare: LA-Basic[???] < 1D0
   If Compare: LA-Basic[???] > 1D8
      Basic Variable Set: LA-Basic[???] = 1D0
   End If:
End If:
Change SubAction: sub action=LA-Basic[???], pass frame = true/false, as necessary.
Would it be sufficient to use some random, arbitrarily-high LA-Basic number (say, 107), or would I need to find a specific one that Game & Watch has, but doesn't use? Also, I presume the variable would be local to each player; is that or is it not the case?

That should make the hammer function as I want it to, as far as I understand, but the graphics won't necessarily be indicative of the actual attack anymore. The easiest fix to that would be to make it so that the hammer model doesn't show, I presume; how would I go about doing that? Also, since I use the Paper Mario textures, how feasible/easy would it be to make and display external graphics that look like the damage numbers in the Paper Mario series, based on the same LA-Basic variable (or some variant thereof)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Derp, obviously I shouldn't put the increment code in the infinite loop; but putting it beforehand shouldn't be an issue. I'm also curious what the code that has a call to the generate-article subroutine is for; perhaps that's the cause of the randomness?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
As it turns out, editing LA-Basic[107] or whatever caused the first one (Basic[0]) to change, killing G&W instantly every time I changed it. Are there any LA variables that could definitely be changed without adverse effects?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Won't that automatically count down, or does it only decrement when the HasCurry bit is set?

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be working. Sometimes it puts me in an unbreakable idle state, other times it just puts me in a T-stance. What exactly constitutes a "tether", btw? If it's ledge-grabs, is there any functionality to the counter and is there a way it could be disabled? Otherwise, if Game and Watch can't tether at all, LA-Basic[62] would probably work.

EDIT: Well, it didn't work. In any case, I don't know why it shouldn't, as it should always have a value of 1D0-1D8 before the subaction is executed.

Top Bottom