• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mmmm....It's Mac Time!

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
i wanna see ikes and ice climbers and zeldas i already know peaches princess peach u hear bout that like all hearts fall down and it makes every1 g2 sleep and gives her health nd u can hit'em nd if not a charachter update subspace update def

khold

Smash Apprentice
So sad he's not playable... hope we get to see some music at least.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Very disappointed he isn't playable. :( Very! And actually, Punch Out isn't really an NES franchise per say. It was Mike Tyson's Punch Out Originally, but eventually Tyson and Nintendo canceled that contract so they replaced Tyson as a character with another one: "Mr. Dream," I think. They also changed the name of the game to simply "Punch Out." But it wasn't really a different game. There was also an SNES game, Super Punch Out. As mentioned earlier, I'm not sure if the character in that game is supposed to be Little Mac.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
But it will never be so, since he's an AT. But that's a pretty good idea: ATs grow or shrink if they hit a poison mushroom or a super mushroom.
imagine if a Snorlax got a Super Shroom?....lets see....origanly he would grow three times his size...if a Super Shroom would double that....................holy $#!t.........O_o

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
um yeah about what i said about if this dude was a playable character he would have to have captain falcons moves...
well yeah i still think that but i meant that only for his specials
and if your wondering about falcon kick...
that could easily be changed into a diving punch/slam (in the air) or a punch dash on the ground
and then all you would have to do is get rid of the voice saying captain falcon's moves, make the moves a bit faster but a slight bit weaker, and get rid of the flame effects and ouila!
you have a new character

burrito

Smash Lord
um yeah about what i said about if this dude was a playable character he would have to have captain falcons moves...
well yeah i still think that but i meant that only for his specials
and if your wondering about falcon kick...
that could easily be changed into a diving punch/slam (in the air) or a punch dash on the ground
and then all you would have to do is get rid of the voice saying captain falcon's moves, make the moves a bit faster but a slight bit weaker, and get rid of the flame effects and ouila!
you have a new character
I don't really think those fit with Mac, though. Have you played any Punch-Out games? Mac shouldn't be dashing around at being overly showy like Falcon is. The Falcon dive wouldn't make any sense, either. Marth-like B moves fit a lot better. Something like this:

upB- uppercut: This is one of Mac's signature moves. He would do an uppercut straight up in the air giving significant height.

neutralB- charge punch: A punch that becomes more powerful as you charge it. The attack will be unleashed when you let go of a button. I believe there was a move similar to this in Super Punch-Out, but my memory is a bit fuzzy.

downB- counter: This is definitely required. Punch-Out is a game that is all about dodging/blocking attacks and countering.

forwardB- combo punch / rapid punch: This is the only one that might be different. On one hand, combo-ing is a very important part of Punch-Out, on the other hand, rapid punch is a move from Super Punch-out that would be more unique. If it is the rapid punch, than Mac would charge forward releasing a barrage of punches.

Mac had a lot of potential as a character, so it is sad to see him go.

Top Bottom