• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MMGS: Bridging the Language Barrier (This is for you, Alfa)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=1017]MMGS: Bridging the Language Barrier (This is for you, Alfa)[/drupal]

"I would like to pose a question, just how effective (or ineffective) would MMGSing be in a language the opponent can't speak, if you do this they won't know when they are, or aren't getting mindgamed, which they may just ignore, or it may drive them insane. However, the opponent may just say "No Johns" to everything you say.

Fun Fact: "No Johns" in Greek is roughly "??? ???????," which is pronunced "O He Yiannis" (No John)." ~ Alfa

My fellow MMGSer, Alfa, raised up a very good question when he pondered on how one could MetamindgameSpam effectively if his opponent(s) do not speak the same language as him.

I was about to reply on the MetamindgameSpam social group's message area when I realized that I was far too longwinded to answer his question concisely, and because blogs are considerably more accesible than the message room. It's a sacrifice, I know, but I care about all you lost souls who have not joined the social group yet.

Now, for an answer to his question:

It depends. Really.

(1)If your opponent is some kind of racist, egocentric moron who gets angry when people speak in languages that he doesn't understand, CAPITALIZE on it and MMGS in whatever language they dont' understand to your hearts content. Hell, MAKE UP words if you wish.

(2) If your opponent is not one of the above, fear not for there is still hope. Many languages are quite similar to other languages; French and Spanish, English and German, etc. So if you speak one and your opponent speaks another, it is very likely they will catch the jist of what you are saying, and their own assumptions of what you are saying might even multiply the effect of MMGS. Give it a shot in this type of situation as well.

(3) A reminder here on my last blog about MMGS Form Zero. Talking isn't everything. But sheer In-Game MMGS aside, you can always MetamindgameSpam using gestures, facial expressions, and body language. I mean, don't be a jerk and block your opponent's view of the screen with your energetic attempts, but do be flashy about it enough so that they might notice you out of the corner of their eye. If you really want to use your hands for this, play with your feet. That's also a MMG.

(4) If your opponent doesn't speak your language, isn't an egocentric jerk, AND has tunnel vision, you can always MMGS through Morse Code, either by tapping your feet or making beeping sounds through your mouth.

As you can see, there is always a way to MMGS. When you find the MMGS within yourself, you can find it everywhere you go. It will be your constant companion and guide, your shield against ledgecamping, the sword with which you smite Metaknight's out of their tornadoes, and the wrecking ball with which you topple your local tournament's view on competitive Smash.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Link to original post: [drupal=1017]MMGS: Bridging the Language Barrier (This is for you, Alfa)[/drupal]

As you can see, there is always a way to MMGS. When you find the MMGS within yourself, you can find it everywhere you go. It will be your constant companion and guide, your shield against ledgecamping, the sword with which you smite Metaknight's out of their tornadoes, and the wrecking ball with which you topple your local tournament's view on competitive Smash.
this is why u must have a mastery of form zero for if you have mastered form zero you may MMGS ur way to victory in any situation against any opponent, they might be deaf mute and impervious to seeing anything but whats on the screen with the skills of a cpu proggrammed to never lose , none of that matters your options in the zero state are beyond unlimited so therefore he is automaticaly 4 stocked before the match starts

Top Bottom