• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MM preparations DK vs Falco

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
well, i smashed(lol, nice word) against that annoying laser spaming falco in a MM, and lost (with my Fox) (it was for a cheeseburger)
so, we where in switzerland, and actually, cheeseburgers in switzerland are expensive (about 2 1/2 €, which makes 3-4 $ xD
we called them Golden-cheeseburgers :p
so yeah, i challengened him to a rematch, and he could pick any character he wanted too...

so, he thought DK sucked, so he picked him...

and actually, i´m really glad he picked DK, and not Ness or some wierd LT character ^^
but apparently, DKs matchup vs Falco sucks hard... especially against laser spam and because he is comboed so easy...

i couldnt find out to much information yet, so can you give me any tips you have (we will propably do the MM after xhristmas, and i did train DK quite a bit up until now)

so, i figured out:

- chaingrab with cargo uthrow
- cargo uthrow to uair to regrab
- Backthrow to edgeguard
- try to charge the Giant Punch alot
- Spam bairs or Fairs
- Powershield 90% of falcos lasers (actually a tip for my sheik, but i´m not aiming to do that anyway O.o any other tips to handle lasers?)
- How would you advise me get in Grabs most efficiently?
- Can you EVER use Dair for an Offstage edgeguard, or will it always lead to death?
- What CP-stages would you advise me to use... seeing my biggest problem will be laserspam, i´d say Battlefield, Yoshis Story, Brinstar ( i like the hitlage thing with the wierd things everywhere + Lava combo + Edges).. Which would you pick, seeing i prolly will only need 2 (or 3 if he bans one)

Thank you alot, i might get up some LT vids in a while.... (or maybe even one vs a falco that is better than the one i have to play)

W.Jr

Smash Lord
if its a dumb falco he is going to get chain grab and up B, though if the falco is straight he most likely is going to come in each time with laser. Also space all of DK move., teck follow and **** dk with combos.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I could actually use a little advice myself if anyone has any input. I have a ton of mm's coming up, even have my own thread for it, and i need advice against some of these people/their characters. Counterpick stages would be very helpful.

pkmvodka, if you've played any of these people, any advice? and how'd you do? I figure that i'd probably do about the same as you, so i wanna know how i match up against the people i'm playing. lol

Here's the thread

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=126669

**edit- And sorry for like...stealing your thread, but i guess the least i can do is give you some advice. Take falco to brinstar. Jump above the lasers and try to charge your giant punch as often as you can, but make sure you cancel the charge before a lazer hits you. If you ever manage to get a grab, make it count, kill that bird. B air's and n airs work well at disrrupting falco's flow. Edgeguarding is gonna be your best friend cuz you can kill falco at relatively lower damages with a good edgeguard. Up b is your other best friend, cuz if timed right, it will beat anything falco has (except for a lazer of course)

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
You know what the best thing you could do is? If you really really wanna beat this falco with dk, you just sit somewhat behind him so that he can't see you, and then after a few seconds after the match has started, let me take over the controllers. Ahahahaha, i'll beat him for you, and do some sexy combos in the process. And right as he's flying away from a giant punch on his last stock, i give you back the controller and i run and hide behind the nearest fat guy. And afterwards, he'll think "wow, he got really good with DK really quickly". lol

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Mexican, i've only played lucky, silentwolf and eggs on that list, and beat them. But i'm not sure if i'm actually better or worst than you are, we are pretty much some of the best DKs out there, but not many people know about us, that's how I think it is.

The last tournament I attended in the states was VLS, but we got ****ed over so I had to leave earlier and I didn't even do my singles matches. But I did beat quite a bunch of players in pools / crews. As in cort >_>. I'd love to see bum play now, the last time I played him was almost 2 years ago. Boo

The only guy on that list that would kinda scare me is KA-master, I don't know if you have a lot of luigi practice, but luigi is pretty tough for DK if you don't play correctly. Luckily, I have my fair share of luigi experience, so i'll try to help you out a bit.

First, key to victory is to outrange him, neutralize his high mouvement speed from his wavedash and then getting gimp kills abusing his very poor recovery. You probably already spam back airs a lot, because it's too good. But in this matchup, it's particularly good, because luigi will have a lot of trouble if you keep a good WoP game. Down b is very good if you expect luigi to chase you around with wavedashes, because it'll force him to jump, and your back air can rival his fair or nair.

You can't really combo him from a grab, so when I usually land a grab on a luigi, I always try to cargo and then jump off and down throw as far as possible. That will setup a nice edgeguard possibility. Trick him into using his jump, and then it's over.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Mexican, i've only played lucky, silentwolf and eggs on that list, and beat them. But i'm not sure if i'm actually better or worst than you are, we are pretty much some of the best DKs out there, but not many people know about us, that's how I think it is.

The last tournament I attended in the states was VLS, but we got ****ed over so I had to leave earlier and I didn't even do my singles matches. But I did beat quite a bunch of players in pools / crews. As in cort >_>. I'd love to see bum play now, the last time I played him was almost 2 years ago. Boo

The only guy on that list that would kinda scare me is KA-master, I don't know if you have a lot of luigi practice, but luigi is pretty tough for DK if you don't play correctly. Luckily, I have my fair share of luigi experience, so i'll try to help you out a bit.

First, key to victory is to outrange him, neutralize his high mouvement speed from his wavedash and then getting gimp kills abusing his very poor recovery. You probably already spam back airs a lot, because it's too good. But in this matchup, it's particularly good, because luigi will have a lot of trouble if you keep a good WoP game. Down b is very good if you expect luigi to chase you around with wavedashes, because it'll force him to jump, and your back air can rival his fair or nair.

You can't really combo him from a grab, so when I usually land a grab on a luigi, I always try to cargo and then jump off and down throw as far as possible. That will setup a nice edgeguard possibility. Trick him into using his jump, and then it's over.
I have Luigi experience, my brother mains him =). Usually when i grab luigi, i u throw and space a f air. It works pretty well since luigi tends to try to sex kick automatically. But we'll see how i do. lol, if i don't do too well, then i'll be done with mm's for quite awhile. haha Thanx for the advice

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
lol mexican, i know you were kidding, i was just going with it :D
i´m from germany, we will prolly never meet ^^

and pkm:
nice post, but sadly, this is the wrong thread :D

but he´ll read it anyways, so no prob ^^

pkmvodka

Smash Lord

and pkm:

The luigi tips apply to everyone, not only mexican. :(

MEXICAN

Smash Lord

and pkm:

pkmvodka was responding to my previous question. He got the right thread...

Top Bottom