• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG.TV Presents ESI Shuffle V

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Can't wait for the summer tournament season? That's OK - Major League Gaming and Ohio State University's eSports Initiative have you covered. Registration for Shuffle V, an event in collaboration with MLG.TV and to be streamed by Smashboards sponsored VGBootcamp, is now open. Make sure to go here if you are interested in attending the first event with MLG involvement since Dallas in 2010. That Dallas event was the 2010 Pro Circuit Championship for Super Smash Brothers Brawl and awarded over $30,000 in prize money to player - one of the highest outputs ever for a fighting game.

Go here to register!

Shuffle V will operate Super Smash Brothers Melee, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Project M 1v1 & 2v2. on February 22-23, 2014 and will benefit Nationwide Children's Hospital. So far, over 230 players have registered for the tournament.

Payouts are announced as percentages of the entry pot ($10 per player per game)
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

Last edited by a moderator:

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Too bad I don't live in Ohio. I can't wait until Online tournaments become a serious thing. I can only hope that in the future connectivity improves and I could compete in official online tournaments. Traveling is just so expensive and a lot of my peers, classmates, teachers and family would rather see videogames go away than sit down and play one game of smash with me for a change.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Wait... Does this mean that P:M has MLG support now???

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Wait... Does this mean that P:M has MLG support now???
NO. PM cannot be supported by a professional gaming group as the game is a hack/mod. It will be there at the tournament, but receive no support from MLG themselves. This is a pretty important distinction that everyone needs to make or MLG will end up not allowing PM/PM tournaments at their venues lest they risk not having smash at all. #Nintendo

Last edited:
Top Bottom