• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mlg turny rules

NitH

Smash Cadet
hello, i was j/w if some one could inlighten me on the basic ground rules for a smash turny
i work at a lan center and ive been geting a lot of people come in to try to beat me.. so im throwing a cash prize smash turny..prize isent much for are first one, but if i get more people then the pot will increase for later turnys, turny will be in Lafayette, Indiana about 45min from indy. the thing is ive never really ran one b4 so if n e one would tell me the mlg rules that would be great thx a lot

Nith**

lengeta

Smash Ace
Weird nobodies already replied ot this...

Good luck finding the rules on MLG's page, they only link to the events page which never links to their rules. They had an article that explained all the rules, but I don't remember where it is. Here's the best link I can give you:
http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/faq.php?faq=2006_smash#faq_2006_smash_pro_semipro

I'll tell you the rules as I remember them, might not be 100% accurate, but it will be pretty close.

Tournament Format (singles & doubles)
Double elimination bracket
4 stock, 8 minute rounds
Best 2 of 3 (finals/semi-finals best 3 of 5)

Items: Off

Team Attack: On

Knock-out: Before the first match, each player may choose one stage to knock-out for the entire match set.

Double Blind Pick: Before the first match, to prevent counter-picking characters, either player my call a Double Blind Pick. Both players secretly choose the character they'll use for the first match.

Advanced Slob Picks: The first match’s stage will be selected randomly from the list of ‘random’ levels. Thereafter, the loser chooses the following stage. Next, the winner chooses his/her character, then the loser chooses his/her character.

Dave’s Stupid Rule: When the loser of a match is picking the following stage, he/she may not pick a level they have won on in the same set.

Singles Stage Selection
Random Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story

Banned Stages: Big Blue, Brinstar Depths, FlatZone, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Icicle Mountain, Termina Bay, Yoshi's Island 64
(any non-banned stage may be counter picked)

Doubles Stage Selection
Random Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Story

Banned Stages: Big Blue, Brinstar Depths, FlatZone, Fountain of Dreams, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Icicle Mountain, Mute City, Termina Bay, Yoshi's Island 64
(any non-banned stage may be counter picked)

Top Bottom