• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK U-Spec Speculation

Is the new U-Spec faceplant OP?

• Yes, Sakurai make it back to gliding

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No, now I can rek n00bs with my MLG faceplants

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
So Meta-Knight's U-Spec no longer has a glide...
........HOW THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN WORK?!
Does he like just do a faceplant immediately after he backflips?!
Someone please gimme an explanation to this.

Xigger

Smash Lord
My best guess would be he doesn't end at the bottom of the loop, but instead does another half-loop for vertical recovery.

If not, then he'll likely follow the rule of thumb that non-recovery Up Specials don't put fighters in a falling state, like Yoshi or Jigglypuff.

BackwardCap

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-0407-6208
He will probably be able to grab the ledge during the first half's upward momentum on the loop.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
IIRC, the original Shuttle Loop from Kirby Super Star's Bird Kirby left Kirby in idle the air after the initial loop rather than a glide so if it works anything like that, Meta Knight might go into Special Fall like Sonic and still be able to attack.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Maybe he will bound forward from the momentum after the loop. After the wing smack attack with most iterations of Wing Kirby, the Shuttle Loop is a follow-up. If they want to give a little more strategic depth, maybe Meta Knight could do an wing flap in similar vein to Marth's Dolphin Slash. Just with less knockback, height, and damage to make the follow-up a more desirable committal. Hitting the special button after the hit gives the Shuttle Loop.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
He'll only do the flip and then fall back down normally. You're thinking too hard about this, bro lol.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Nah, I'm not. This is the "MK U-Spec Speculation" topic for a reason, pah.

What you're describing is just about the best picture of his new Shuttle Loop we can imagine, given gliding has been cut. We could very well be wrong once we see Meta Knight use this in footage, so it's all fair game until then. :laugh:

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
I love how there are 11 votes for "No, now i can rek n00bs with my MLG faceplants" xDDD maybe it's just because how I worded it. But yeah, Like Captain Hotcakes said, this is speculation. Anything goes -3-

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
I love how there are 11 votes for "No, now i can rek n00bs with my MLG faceplants" xDDD maybe it's just because how I worded it. But yeah, Like Captain Hotcakes said, this is speculation. Anything goes -3-
To be fair... the question and the answer choices make no sense, so expecting anything serious from the poll is kind of a stretch.

Why would you expect more people to vote for "yes, it's gliding" when we know gliding is no longer a mechanic? (I suppose gliding could come back as part of one character's special attack, but we've seen no reason to assume that it happens in Meta-Knight's ^B.)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Without the glide I think Side-B and Down-B will end up being more reliable recoveries for Meta Knight, although Up-B will probably still ledge-snap at its highest reach it'll only really be useful when under the ledge.

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
To be fair... the question and the answer choices make no sense, so expecting anything serious from the poll is kind of a stretch.

Why would you expect more people to vote for "yes, it's gliding" when we know gliding is no longer a mechanic? (I suppose gliding could come back as part of one character's special attack, but we've seen no reason to assume that it happens in Meta-Knight's ^B.)
It's actually, "yes, Sakurai make it back to gliding" -3-

Top Bottom