• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK stratigies thread: Read~n~Reply thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashbro™

Smash Rookie
Credits are at the bottom.

WARNING: this if you MK users using the GCN controller. And this requires 3rd grade math skills. This is not appropriate for people under the age of 0.0000000000000001

Perfect Shielding:
Press L or R a few frames before the move hits to perfect shield. When you perfect shield, you can use a move right away, and your shield doesn’t get any smaller when a perfect shield blocked a move

Move Decay:

There’s a secret list in the game for each player, which I’ll call the "List"

The List = A List of 10 moves that your character had hit a breakable stage object or a player.

As mentioned before, the List is 10 moves long. The more you use that move, the more it will appear of the List. Every time the move is added to the List, the weaker the move is. To get a move completely out of the List, you must: A. Die B have 10 DIFFERENT moves of your character hit a breakable stage object or hit a character.

NOTE: if you hit a shield, or you miss the move completely, it doesn’t go into the List.

D.I. (Directinal Influence):
“DI” or “Directinal Influence” is a way of surviving A HELL LOT LONGER on the field than just a regular
hit and die. It’s easy. The first one, I’ll call: Angle DI.
To do Angle DI, just hold a direction on the control pad to determine where the attack knocks you. For example…
But first, I want to let you know that being a good smasher requires good math skills, and I will be using acute, right, strait, and obtuse angles at this point of the post. Anyways…

As I was saying… For example, a attack just send you flying at about a 75° angle, and you died, and because of that, and you now are out of that tournament that you were trying to win to impress that girl at school you like that gives you a b.... let’s think about what you COULD have of done and SHOULD have done. When you hold a direction of the control pad and you get attacked, it will affect how you fly through the air. Now, you could have held the control stick at a “perpendicular” angle and you would have flew at a 45° angel and still would have had a chance… although the person would have edge guard the crap out of you (unless your awesome like MK). To clarify: perpendicular means at a side angle… meaning if you were going at a strait up angle, left or right would be the perpendicular angel, or vise versa.

The next type of DI is what I’ll call: “Smash DI”
Smash DI is when you rapidly move the control stick from one direction to another. NOT JUST TO THE SIDE, but in random direction. Try testing it out against Zelda’s forward smash or on a smart bomb.

Teching:
When you’ve been attacked really strongly against a wall, floor, or ceiling, you can press the L or R button to do what called a “Tech”
Now, when you Tech. you will not bounce off the wall; or you will not be on the ground where you only have the choice to roll, attack, or get up; you will have a few frame animation where you get up, and your able to move again. Even if you are at 999% damage, almost any attack will send you flying into a wall. But if you press the L or R button with right timing, you will have yourself from dying.
Did you know… If you Tech off a wall, you can jump, even if your character doesn’t have a wall jump?

The Edge:
There’s not much to say about it, exept this awesome trick to make you opponents fall to the pit. When you grab onto the ledge, you are invunrable for a few seconds… meaning if you grab onto the edge at the last second, the up B attack of the opponent will go right through you! Experement!

Now you’re wondering, what the **** does this have to do with MK and not the other players? Well, I thought I would share this with all u before the other characters, since MK PWNS ALL!

ALL credit of the information goes to David Sirlin, the WORLDS BEST SMASHER! (PSYCH!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom