• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Ditto ? (Previous Tourney Experience)

GriM.

Smash Rookie
Last Week, I went to this local tournament and for my 3rd match I got to play this MK Ditto (I got pwned:() However, noticed that MK Dittos are really really hard to play, specially the shuttle looping part and I've never played another MK before.

Basically what were both doing (since we were both pretty good edge guarders) One of us would Grab and throw the other guy off the edge and start U,F,D and N-Airing preventing each other from touching the ground or edge. It was like an epic edge guarding battle. However, I noticed that whoever pulled the Shuttle Loop correctly would usually get the kill and eventually the game.

When do you guys think is the best time to shuttle loop another MK when we are both in mid air?

AFTER my opponent shuttle loops, or BEFORE he shuttle loops ?

I dont know if you guys have ever played a MK ditto but I can assure you, It gets ugly and confusing specially midair.

Any Tips ? Advices vs another MK ?
I also got to play this really good Pit, but ill make another post later.(Really Interesting Match):)

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, it depends more on positioning; as far as the Shuttleloops.

In an MK ditto match, keep in mind whoever has the 'newest' Tornado will win if two Tornadoes connect. In other words, most of the time don't Tornado unless you see him do it - then you're almost guaranteed damage if he's close enough.

I doubt you had much trouble with Pit. You can run them kids down.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
I also have trouble with MK ditto's. I often find myself losing to MKs even when I think I am the more skilled player. One trick that I have been successful with, though, is to do a reverse shuttle loop while holding the edge (drop down, reverse shuttle loop, then grab the edge or land on the stage). This takes some practice so not to kill yourself, but its pretty easy once you get it down. The reason this works well is that alot of MK players will see you hanging there on the ledge and assume you are a sitting duck... they usually drop their level and try to shuttle loop under you. If you time it right, you will hit them right when they are level with you (before they drop down), and KO them right off the stage.

GriM.

Smash Rookie
I also have trouble with MK ditto's. I often find myself losing to MKs even when I think I am the more skilled player. One trick that I have been successful with, though, is to do a reverse shuttle loop while holding the edge (drop down, reverse shuttle loop, then grab the edge or land on the stage). This takes some practice so not to kill yourself, but its pretty easy once you get it down. The reason this works well is that alot of MK players will see you hanging there on the ledge and assume you are a sitting duck... they usually drop their level and try to shuttle loop under you. If you time it right, you will hit them right when they are level with you (before they drop down), and KO them right off the stage.
haha sounds fun, i will definately try that =)

Top Bottom