• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

miye improovmants!! Please rate'm!

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
*german* hey wo lebst du eigentlich da woich lebe spielt kein schwein ssbm vlt könnten wir uns ja ma treffen und zusammen zocken?

mario-man

Smash Lord
If you do these things, and use them efficiently, you could very well be near the best Mario in the world.

1. Wavedash A TON more
2. Sidestep dodge instead of rolling so much, it has much less lag time
3. Edgeguard more
4. L-cancel all aerials
5. The Doc needs to use tornado recovery.

You have a very nice aerial game, (fastfalls, shorthops, etc...) and it could be WAY better if you L-cancel them.

Nice man, keep it up!!!!

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
more wavedash?...okay ill try to use it efficient.....

Well sometimes i really want to but then i automatically jump ...its so annoying....i geuss i have to Time my wavedash

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
I only watched the first one.

Your playing has improved, because I noticed that you're fast-falling most of your aerials, so that's good. The only real flaw that I'm noticing is that you (and the Doc player) are for some reason not combo'ing off of your throws. That's a big mistake.

Mario (and Doc) get most of their damage off of combos from throwing--especially Mario--so there's no reason for you to up-throw Doc when he's at 46%. Just d-throw against Doc, and combo into u-tilt, or shffl'd u-airs if he DIs away, or jump-cancelled u-smashes.

The only time you want to use b-throw or f-throw is if you can get them off the stage with that, and edgeguard from there. And even then, I'd suggest staying away from b-throw because it never KOs and it launches Doc up, meaning that he has relatively safe recovery with his pills. But yeah, only f-throw or b-throw if you can get them off the stage into an edgeguarding situation.

You also need to follow up your hits more often. Much of the time, you hit him with a sex kick or something, and just stood there waiting for him to recover.

And another tip: the cape has quite a bit of horizontal range, so you can stand further back and still edgeguard with it. The thing is, caping usually doesn't work on Yoshi's Island since the edges are slanted, which favors the opponent's recovery. . .unless you KNOW that the cape will hit, you're better off relying on other edgeguarding tactics (i.e. running off the stage and caping backwards/b-airing the opponent into the stage for a spike, etc.).

Otherwise, you're getting better. Don't be afraid to be more aggressive with your combos and edgeguarding.

red stone

Smash Ace
mario can be played so much better. stop rolling back, wavedash back instead. stop doing unnecessary airdodges. be a lot faster with mario so you can get in better combos. edge guard better. yeah, you have a lot of room for improvement

Top Bottom