• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MISSION COMPLETE!!

Guide MISSION COMPLETE!!

Wolfgang Cooper

Smash Ace
Wolfgang Cooper submitted a new guide:

MISSION COMPLETE!! - A Beginner's guide to maining everyone's favorite/hated space animal

First off, I would not call myself the best Fox ever or even the worse Fox in the world. I think i'm somewhere in the middle. Anyway, I just wanted to make this little guide to help those struggling to main Fox and maybe even teach them something new. Now this is my first guide so it may not be the best guide ever or even helpful to some. But if i can help even one person, then that would mean a lot to me. Also this guide is for those familiar to the Competitive Smash scene and not those...
Read more about this guide...

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
I appreciate Fox-guides for beginners. Cunning Kitsunes guide is amazing and incredibly detailed- but for a complete beginner it might be just overwhelming - so I think something "simpler" is still needed.

However I don't really see what you are trying to achieve with your guide - it might work as a "what you need to practice if you want to main Fox"-Guide but even then it leaves too many open questions.

If you want to make a guide directed for beginners think hard about what beginners naturally do not know and therefore need to know. Things like.. overusing Side-Bs... the general purposes of different moves.. tell them that downthrow into shine is not a 'true combo'.
A beginner doesn't need to practice for example: shortening the illusion perfectly - sure, it requires alot of practice, can be an amazing dealbreaker and looks flashy.. but is that really what a beginner should focus on, when they still can't for example wavedash consistently?

Ontop of that some parts are missing completely- like Grabs or the Down-Air.. and some are just misplaced- you wrote about Waveshines and that they're important.. but you did not even adress what you can do with the shine apart from Waveshining.

I hope all of that doesn't sound too negative - this is my attempt on constructive criticism! We still need a beginners guide for Fox and I do believe that you are on to something there - keep it up =)

Last edited:

Wolfgang Cooper

Smash Ace
I appreciate Fox-guides for beginners. Cunning Kitsunes guide is amazing and incredibly detailed- but for a complete beginner it might be just overwhelming - so I think something "simpler" is still needed.

However I don't really see what you are trying to achieve with your guide - it might work as a "what you need to practice if you want to main Fox"-Guide but even then it leaves too many open questions.

If you want to make a guide directed for beginners think hard about what beginners naturally do not know and therefore need to know. Things like.. overusing Side-Bs... the general purposes of different moves.. tell them that downthrow into shine is not a 'true combo'.
A beginner doesn't need to practice for example: shortening the illusion perfectly - sure, it requires alot of practice, can be an amazing dealbreaker and looks flashy.. but is that really what a beginner should focus on, when they still can't for example wavedash consistently?

Ontop of that some parts are missing completely- like Grabs or the Down-Air.. and some are just misplaced- you wrote about Waveshines and that they're important.. but you did not even adress what you can do with the shine apart from Waveshining.

I hope all of that doesn't sound too negative - this is my attempt on constructive criticism! We still need a beginners guide for Fox and I do believe that you are on to something there - keep it up =)
Thanks for the reply. I need the criticism because it is my first guide. I'll keep this in mind for my next guide.

LandMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Williaml19354
Solid guide, it's very easy to comprehend and even a little funny. There are just a few things that I would change. First, there are 4 different side-b distances not 3. Second, I would mention that if you turn away from an opponent Fox or Falco, you can use up tilt to easily hit them out of there side-b. Third, I would definitely talk about Fox's staple up-throw, up-air combo that he can use on the majority of the cast. Finally, I would mention that drill (dair), also leads into grabs and sometimes even smash-attacks. Good **** dude, keep on writing!

Wolfgang Cooper

Smash Ace
Solid guide, it's very easy to comprehend and even a little funny. There are just a few things that I would change. First, there are 4 different side-b distances not 3. Second, I would mention that if you turn away from an opponent Fox or Falco, you can use up tilt to easily hit them out of there side-b. Third, I would definitely talk about Fox's staple up-throw, up-air combo that he can use on the majority of the cast. Finally, I would mention that drill (dair), also leads into grabs and sometimes even smash-attacks. Good **** dude, keep on writing!

Thanks a lot bro! I knew I was forgetting something lol. Imma go edit the guide real quick and add in the grabs and a few other things. Thanks for the feedback dude!!

Top Bottom