• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misc. ZSS Questions

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
1. How is the recovery?
- Is the flip jump good as recovery or a good attack?
- Can you do another second jump out of the flip jump

2. Any good edgeguarding techniques?
- Laser?
- DSmash?

3. Grab throw or whip throw?

4. Any combos anyone want to share?

Thanks

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Her recovery is pretty good. Sometimes it is easy to get gimped if you need to recover with the whip, but otherwise it is pretty solid. Down-B gives an extra jump, and is a pretty good KO/Spiking move.
You CAN do your second jump after Down-B.
She is pretty good at ledge guarding. Her downsmash isn't that good, unless you predict a roll or where they will be.
Grab>Downthrow>Up-Air>Back-Air (Amazing throw combos, but laggy grab if you miss)

I have some videos up here:

http://youtube.com/user/myRoboticClaw

Check out the one of me vs. Griever on Battlefield.

Some more here too:

http://youtube.com/user/JEDIxKYLE

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
1. If you have a jump left over, you can use it after Back Flipping. It's one of your few KO-ing moves with enough knock-back to take someone off the side, and it can spike.
2. Edge Guarding in the game is considerably more difficult with the auto-sweet spotting. Stun Gun doesn't have much range or speed to effectively edge guard. It'd be too predictable and easily avoidable. You might as well go for a spike.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Edgeguards will generally be done with bairs, fairs, Plasma Whip, etc. You can also edgehog from far below the edge with Zamus' tether recovery. This gives you a pretty safe edgeguard option.

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the responses, and I have more questions

1. Does the upB move spike people, with no ground below them?
- Low vs. high percentages?

2. Can you hit people, hanging onto the ledge with any attacks, who try to mess with your tether recovery?

3. I've see a combo, that goes from upB, to down smash, to forward smash, does that work and can it be broken out of easily?

Thanks

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the responses, and I have more questions

1. Does the upB move spike people, with no ground below them?
- Low vs. high percentages?

2. Can you hit people, hanging onto the ledge with any attacks, who try to mess with your tether recovery?

3. I've see a combo, that goes from upB, to down smash, to forward smash, does that work and can it be broken out of easily?

Thanks
1. The up-B does spike people, more so at higher percentages. I've spiked a DK with it, and almost a few others two, but it can be meteor cancelled.

2. You can hit people on the edge, with forward-B, Stun-Gun, or any attack. Up-B will also pull them down if they hang on too long, which may or may not give you time to Up-B again and get back.

3. Up-B, Down smash, Forward smash does work, but only if they don't tech the Up-B.
It is pretty easy to tech-roll, and thus get out of the combo. Also, if you jump up and Up-B to reach them, sometimes they hit the ground before you, in which case you can down-A, or fast fall and chase them. Either way, it's a nice move, and can lead to combos.

Top Bottom