• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Minor Stage Select Bug (3DS)

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Basically what the title says. I came across a weird stage select bug in the 3DS version of Smash4.

Essentially, you can do this as long as you have the extra stages box available. It's a minor bug, but still an interesting one, nonetheless. All you have to do is scroll the cursor onto the extra stages box, and select the stage as the cursor crosses over. If done correctly, the extra stages box will be selected as a stage. The timing isn't even that strict.

Unsurprisingly, it does nothing major - it just sends you to the "default" stage, which in this case, is Battlefield. What is interesting however, is the fact that it ignores if you decide to choose the omega version, which is likely down it it being treated as a different stage by the game's coding, and the fact that when choosing a stage, if it can't find one, it will just - again - go to the default stage, Battlefield. (A similar thing happened in the patch before Dreamland was released where Kirby characters could show up with battlefield as their home-stage in classic mode, since it was attempting to load Dreamland, which at the time was using Battlefield as a placeholder.)

The thing that makes me interested in this glitch though is the fact there might be other areas where menu bugs like this can be performed. I don't have access to the extra characters box or the Wii U version, for example, so I was wondering about the implications of that, for starters. -again, it's not much, but interesting to point out, nonetheless.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah that is a fairly known bug. It's a fail safe measurement added so that the game wouldn't crash. So it takes you straight to the first stage that is coded in for the game. Which in this case, is default Battlefield. If a similar thing where to happen with the character select screen. I'm pretty sure the default character you would get assigned to would be default Mario.

I believe Melee also had a fail safe glitch which actually ended up with you (mainly player 3 I believe) getting to play as Master Hand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom