• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minor Adjustments for Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Zachary Cervone

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirVown
3DS FC
4957-3162-9402
I have no words to describe just how incredible the new Super Smash Bros Ultimate game is looking so far. All the changes they have made so far on the last iteration in the series have been well thought out and I don't think I am unhappy with anything I have seen yet. But it is still going to be a while until we get the game and I thought I would list off a few things I would like to see adjusted or changed if they are not planning to already.

1. Jigglypuff - Sing

As the staple move of Jigglypuff the balloon pokemon you would think it would have more application. Currently it is a move that can only be used by edge cancelling, it is has a long startup and leaves you incredibly vulnerable. I think it would be really nice if you could act out of Sing whenever you choose rather then being stuck in it longer then the people you make fall asleep that mash fast enough.

2. Kirby - Inhale

Another staple ability of a character in Smash Bros Ultimate Kirby could use the exact change this photo suggests. Certain items/abilities that Kirby ingests should give him the power of the respectful character. Pikachu Thunderbolt, Mario Fireball, Ice Climber Ice, Mario Fireflower item, Samus Screw Attack item, etc. Also it did seem a bit faster in Smash Bros Ultimate which is nice but it should also have more vacuum range to it to highlight just how powerful Kirby can suck.

3. Dr. Mario - Megavitamins

As the series Doctor, Dr. Mario could have a really interesting teams mechanic if his Neutral B (Megavitamins) had healing properties to team members. Similar to how people would heal with Ness/Lucas and Samus/Lucario dynamics it would make Dr. Mario have an interesting extra purpose and reason behind the name Dr. Mario.

4. Sonic - Spin Dash/Spin Charge

To new players Sonic's Side B and Down B seem to be the exact same move and I think it would be fitting for these abilities to get the same treatment as Palutena's Side B and Down B. Combining them would free up a moveslot for something entirely different and make Sonic easier to grasp for newcomers.

5. Inkling Interactions with Water

So this one could have already crossed the developer's minds and that would be making characters like Mario and Squirtle who have water attacks able to clean themselves or team members covered in Inkling's Ink. I could see this suggestion potentially having too much counter-play for the Inkling to handle and be unfair but maybe it could be balanced around just cleaning allies in team combat.

6. Palutena's Tilt Attacks

From the character trailer of Palutena we can see she still has the same Tilt attacks and unfortunately they are just way too slow. The moves themselves are neat and honestly it would not hurt to keep them the same for character aesthetic but they just have no actual application in a fight.

7. Meta Knight - Drill Rush

The character trailer of Meta Knight was so close to answering this question but I am curious if Meta Knights Drill Rush still leaves you in free fall after you use it. Similar to Little Mac's Side B and Sheik's Side B new players and veterans sometimes accidentally SD when miss-inputting to these abilities and Meta Knight's Drill Rush was also a common culprit to this. In Super Smash Bros Ultimate it would be great if you could Shuttle Loop and jump after using it or maybe just Shuttle Loop if we are worried about how strong his recovery will be with this change.

8. Wolf - Dash Attack

From the quick glimpse of Wolf's character trailer I could not help but notice that his dash attack looks easily punishable. Seeing the new Jigglypuff it looks like they solved a lot of the problems Jiggly had with being in disadvantage after landing hits on opponents. It looked like when Wolf lands his dash attack that characters with decent back airs could potentially hit him before he could do anything. This is just an assumption from what I seen and might not be accurate but it is a fear I have as well as his appearance being a little off, if it is the intended looks that is fine but I also think he could use a little polish to his model.

These are all the changes I could see having a positive impact on Super Smash Bros Ultimate or already being made. If you have any changes you would like to see and I haven't mentioned throw em in the comments and if we are lucky or have good guesses maybe they will make it to full release on December 07!

Last edited:
Top Bottom