• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mindgames

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
We all know that one of Meta's great assets is that he can use his speed and aerial maneuverability to mix things up and play games with the opponent's head. However, for a while I didn't really know what that meant, or how to do it. So I'm dedicating this thread to finding ways of screwing with peoples' brains. I haven't gotten the chance to try much out in a competitive setting (nobody plays smash in Cincinnati...) but here are a few of my musings.

-Tornado is becoming a less viable method of approach because people are figuring out how to attack through it. Use this against them. Tornado toward them, then stop right outside of their attack's range (probably a dtilt or something like that). Then do anything you want with them.

-So many wonderful things to do with the down b teleport. It's recently been discovered that you can attack out of the teleport while still facing the same direction, giving you unlimited options; you can tele-attack people anywhere within ten feet of Meta. If you're both on the ground and you're just out of attacking range, slam down b and leave your opponent to guess whether you're going to slash them from the front or back. And what if you've been knocked in the air and are falling toward your waiting opponent? Nobody expects to be immediately slashed at from the ground in that position. I think the player who masters the timing and spacing of dimensional cape will be propelled to the very top of smashland.

-Of course, Meta shines when both he and the opponent are in the air. You have massive numbers of options up there. Simple A attack? Perhaps a glide attack, out of the blue? Airborne sex tornado? Shuttle loop? Dare I say it...dimensional cape? Your opponent should always be afraid whenever he has the misfortune to be off the ground.

-I'm experimenting with new ways to net off-the-stage KOs with Meta. And as ridiculous as it sounds, I think using the tornado is a great option here. It's longest duration is usually enough to let you get a few hits on the enemy and still get back to the stage. This is the last thing anyone would expect while off the edge, and could get you KOs out of sheer confusion. Your opponent instinctively DI's out of the tornado, and consequentially away from the stage, and falls to his death while you drift back to the stage and spam FIGHT ME!

This is obviously an idea collection thread, so post your Meta Knight mindgames here!

FissN

Smash Rookie
-So many wonderful things to do with the down b teleport. It's recently been discovered that you can attack out of the teleport while still facing the same direction...
What does this mean exactly? And furthermore, how?

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I'd like to add to this discussion, but I'm just going to post one thing for now.

I love Marths and Ikes that like to counter mid-air. Esp when you predict it, it gives you ample time to set up a sweetspotted Shuttleloop. Make them afraid to counter. It doesn't last as long as most people think - it's always punishable.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Check out the recent thread on drill rush and it's killing potential: it's so underrated, nobody sees it coming. I can't link since I'm posting from my Wii, but the title is "drill rush: a different perspective"

Shears

Smash Master
What does this mean exactly? And furthermore, how?
it wasnt recently discovered, its been known from the beginning. to attack out of downB which you should know how to do, just press A or B while teleporting and you will attack opposite the direction you face. to attack in the direction you face, use downB and tap forward twice while also pressing either A or B. you can also tap use downB opposite the direction your facing and while teleporting hold the joystick forward to attack in front of you.

Top Bottom