• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Gunner Costume DLC Speculation

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Title says it all! Which outfits do you guys think the gunner should get?

CONFIRMED COSTUMES FOR GUNNER:

• Smash Bros. Shirt

• X's Armor:

• Protoman's Armor:

• Inklings:

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Pirate outfit with a pirate ship cannon for the arm cannon

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So....those Splatoon costumes, eh? :D

If anybody pre-orders Splatoon from gamestop but doesn't want the DLC, I'll be more than happy to accept the charity :)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh yeah! I forgot to talk about it here!

We get the best costumes B)
the only downside is having to pick the one you're going to use the most :U

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641

Yes. Right now I'm having trouble between picking Protoman and the Dragon Armor for my DBZ miis, and Splatoon's only going to make things worse :p

Marthmario

Smash Lord

Protoman 4lyfe. I don't really care for the male inkling design.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
That's why you use a girl mii for the inkling obv
I do have a genderbent version of my Mii, so yea she'll probably become an Inkling. :p I'll probably end up using a female Inkling for Splatoon as well.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Proto Man or Inkling is a really tough decision...
As for future DLC's I don't know what else they could do, most of the cool costumes we've gotten are reused assets (Link is from Mario Kart 8, Proto Man from his Smash 4 model, Inklings from their Splatoon model) so I could guess a Dark Samus costume is possible.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Proto Man or Inkling is a really tough decision...
As for future DLC's I don't know what else they could do, most of the cool costumes we've gotten are reused assets (Link is from Mario Kart 8, Proto Man from his Smash 4 model, Inklings from their Splatoon model) so I could guess a Dark Samus costume is possible.
Fire Emblem costumes. *mic drop*

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I actually main Gunner, and I use Nikki pretty much all of the time when I'm not forced into ROB and Mega Man for super serious matches. I use Proto Man as a secondary (with varying height / different specials), but I might try to seriously main Inkling too since she could be the small size I use all the time with Nikki. The major issue is working with a new moveset that fits her and is viable enough to use :U (I'm thinking 2111/3 is the best fit? Which is a shame since it's not exactly the most viable set of specials... Might just cheat the system for Bomb Drop).

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I actually main Gunner, and I use Nikki pretty much all of the time when I'm not forced into ROB and Mega Man for super serious matches. I use Proto Man as a secondary (with varying height / different specials), but I might try to seriously main Inkling too since she could be the small size I use all the time with Nikki. The major issue is working with a new moveset that fits her and is viable enough to use :U (I'm thinking 2111/3 is the best fit? Which is a shame since it's not exactly the most viable set of specials... Might just cheat the system for Bomb Drop).
Think of it as playing a new character with a similar moveset instead of the same character with different moves. It might help. ;)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I was more so referring to having actually useful moves that fit the character well.

For example, neutral special two is a great fit for the Splattershot, but isn't exactly a good move in comparison to the Charged Shot and Grenades.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Varsity jacket from Tomodachi Life+Wii Zapper=Captain N costume. Plz Sakurai?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants to see some Cave Story based Mii outfits; it'll probably never happen but it's fun to speculate.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Said it before.
But lol you fire lasers out of the guitar, that's amazing.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I'm jealous of you people in the U.S., since you get the Inkling costume for your Mii gunners while me, in Canada, have only obtained a double-faced Splatoon poster.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
How in God's name is this a thing? Oh well, it's so ludicrous it's awesome.

Regarding Cave Story tho, I would really like that costume set as well. As it is unlikely, I'd say the closest second is green headphones or the hat that would come from a costume based on Pokémon Trainer.

Regarding other Gunner costumes, I'll list a few I can think of:
Samus
Geno
Ray (custom robo)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Egg Pawn
A kid Icarus uprising soldier with a cannon or arm weapon
Rhyperior
Magmortar
Star Fox Character
Funky Kong
9-Volt +Nes Zapper

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm jealous of you people in the U.S., since you get the Inkling costume for your Mii gunners while me, in Canada, have only obtained a double-faced Splatoon poster.
Hey no need to worry, the costume is still going to be available for everyone. You honestly save money not getting the costume through the pre-order to be honest.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Some ideas I have for 3rd party Gunner costumes (excluding Capcom since they have enough)

SEGA:
Dr. Eggman (Using the Egg-Robo's gun)

Namco:
Dig Dug

Square Enix:
(If only FFVII is represented)
Barret Wallace
(otherwise)
Kefka Palazzo (using the Tiger head from the Statue of the Gods)

Top Bottom