• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Release Tournament in San Mateo

Naota21t

Smash Champion
The local Play N Trade @ San Mateo are holding a Brawl tournament for the midnight release of the game on the night of the 8th.

The hours will be from 11 to about 2 am (may take longer if necessary).

Since I know the owner (and suggested the tournament), I pretty much got to make the rules:

-Since there isn't really a great list of banned/tourney stages to use, I'm going to just make it all battlefield (or another neutral stage)
-3 stock, timed (8 minutes), 1 vs 1
-No items (we're not sure about the smash ball, I'm taking a poll, so please ask if you want smash ball or not).
- Double elimination (obviously random seeding).
- Entry fee is 10 bucks
- We'll probably be using starting roster. IF I can get there really early, I might try to unlock some of the easier characters, so as to expand the roster.

AIM me if you have questions at Rock21t

206 S B St
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650) 343-1155

It's right across from the movie theaters in downtown San Mateo.

EazyP

Smash Ace
I'll try and be there

I also suggest you change it to 3 stock for the fact that 3 stock matches can take up to 4-6 minutes on average, 4 stock matches just take TOO long

Smash ball should NOT be in on 1v1s, way way too unfair for the person who gets it

For stages, battlefield & FD

Also I'm guessing starting cast only? K

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Just an update on the tournament. We WILL be using starting roster, and Smash Ball (sorry, this one was outta my hands, but they'll be on very low). If characters are unlocked as the tournament is underway, we will allow players to use them.

BTW so far we have an attendance # of about 25 people signed up, but in total (counting those I know are coming, but haven't signed up) we have about 40+ people at the moment. You DO NOT have to sign up days before the tournament, you can show up 30mins to 1 hour early and sign up that night.

Top Bottom