• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle GA LOI Melee March 8th (Tournament Cancelled)

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
LOI's Tournament has been cancelled, sadly, partially due to GameStops tourny being held on that exact date.

There are other significant reasons, but it would be pretty pointless to tell them, honestly.

Warner Robins has 3 GameStops, so hopefully it won't be too much trouble finding fun elsewhere on the 8th of March.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Now this is what I'm talking about. ^.^ Nice job guys. I will inform my boss that I will be unavailable on the 16th, just so I can go to this :p

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well if any problems show up, let SpeedAce know. I'm getting lucky beyond all meaning by getting on the comp as much as i am.

I'm going to go with the $10 entry and $100 worth cash prizes ($55 1st / $45 2nd most likely).
We typically get sponsored by GameStop so i don't expect this to be any different, if (if GameStop does) you show up and pay entry you'll be sure to walk out with something, whether it be a wristband, a shirt or some other little nick-nack.

I hope to see y'all there, and I should be participating this time.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
ouch. To be honest i have no idea how bad it is going to tournys because i cant drive and typically dont have much time to do anything.
Well i must say i really have respect for anyone whose willing to go hours out of their way for some gaming competition, and i understand those who can't make it(story of my life lol).
Im having trouble getting Tio because I don't have any computer of my own and i cant exactly download on public computers and others that arent mine. I'll keep trying though.... is there a way someone could bring Tio on CD and run it strait from it (no installations, just the full program)? Thats what im going to try to do anyway but having a backup plan never hurts... SpeedAce?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well im sorry for not having such (i wish i did though).
Ill let you know if we start getting that attendance though lol.... this is the 2nd tourny we've had on SmashBoards

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I tried downloading Tio a while back and, for some reason I can't recall at the moment, it failed to run. Probably due to some technicality that I didn't feel like addressing.. Lol
To be honest, I don't think tio is necessary considering the number of participants.

LOI's tourny's could definitely have an attendance of 50 or above, we just need to advertise more, gain some rep, etc.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Bad news, we are currently going to push Melee's tournament back to March 8th, which is the new unofficial date. We should have a confirmation on the date next week.

Also, free DVDs of LOI's final matches from the previous tourny will be given away during the Melee tourny.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i want to address everybody who checks this topic who are as pissed as i am about the delays. Keep in mind the following statements are not meant to be offensive to anyone from Smashboards and are not attacking anyone at all, merely expressing my agitation and probably y'alls agitation as well.

A) the above post is my friend Josh posting on my behalf due to my lack of internet and by my request which is why it has none of my opinion in it. Thanks again Josh.
B) I'm about ready to quit this crap because I'm tired of setting a date, advertising it, then suddenly something comes up and it needs to be changed. I understand you guys could have something better to do but put it aside or such because you planned on this tournament being on its scheduled date, and our tournaments of late change like Brawl's release(once due to its delayed release).
C) This is the last date that will be set before Melee tourny is cancled, and the March 22nd tourny for Brawlk will not be delayed, if something with the school goes wrong ill find a new location to keep th date scheduled.
D) I undestand the agitation you guys are having due to these delays but please let me know if you are either unable to come to our new scheduled date or if you're too agitated to show up, because to be honest im starting to get that way myself. But if you guys are still willing to show up i will do my best to make sure that Melee goes out with a bang(due to this being the last day over half of you will care to play it), and i will be sure to offer a decent prize.
E) Lastly, thank you guys for your patience, ill be sure to keep a close track on the entire year's schedule ahead of time from here on out to place a date that will be (most likely) without flaw and will not be delayed.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the date change is unfortunate. Luckily the prize should be better this time so those who are driving could potentially recieve a worthwhile prize.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
The problem I'm sure everyone is having, is BECAUSE of the date changes. :/ I could have confirmed coming on the 16th of Feb, but the 8th of March I definately cannot do. I requested the 9th off from my boss for obvious reasons, and in order to do so, I had to sacrifice my early/mid saturday.

So for me, I'm sorry, but I will not be attending a March 8th tourny. :(

Do not however, delay anything else due to me. If March 8th is your final date, keep it. I'm sure people will show up regardless, though it may not be as large as it could have been.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thats a shame Gerbil. Regardless I think we should apologize to you for not having our plans straight initially.

Its not that big of a deal, I'm sure you guys will have an insane amount of fun at G4S5. :)

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
to be honest im tempted to just put everything on the Brawl tourny and drop this one, at the same time it looks like Mr. Masters wont be able to cover us the 22nd, meaning delaying Brawl's tourny.

also Josh, the schools go rid of Mozilla because they realized we were deleting our history so i wont be on the LOI forums as much because i dont want them blocked.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well here it is y'all, the LOI tourny being cancled all together.
Instead there are tournaments being held across the nation for Brawl on March 8th at GameStop celebrating its midnight release, and I will be taking part there.

Due to the bad organization (if there was organization at all) this year, I've decided to not host any tournaments for Smash for the remainder of this school year. The earliest to expect a tournament from us will be august or september. I hope to see any who livaround the Warner Robins area at the GameStop next to Target across from the Galleria Mall.

I apologize for any who are dissapointed, just take part at the GameStop tournys, i know ours is free but that may not apply to all.

Top Bottom