• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's run cancel options (Theory)

D

Deleted member

As you know, the new tech in ultimate, known as run canceling allows characters to canel into any grounded action out of running, amd yes, for those who are curious, you can run cancel into anything. So I compiled a basic list of potential run cancel options that could be of use if the game. I've only listed options that off the demo, not full game that I believe for mewtwo, could be greatly useful. I'll also specify if it's MU specific. I'll put a mewtwo symbol system of one to five of how good I think the option is. Also keep in mind I did not play the demo, this is off VoD's & the opinions of others & myself alone, so read w/ caution. And after all that, let's get started!

1) Running D-tilt & Running Reverse D-tilt(All MU's, not very effective on floaties) :150::150::150::150: /4 out of 5/

It's a fast option that looks fantastic for covering tech rolls, approaching in some MU's, & keeping up pressure. Running D-tilt has good range, due to mewtwo base high run speed & d-tilts great (nerfed but still great) range, it can be good to approach with as a faint if SB approaches fail or as a surprize approach into a small combo. It also can tech chase on neutral tech, and tech away. It's overall threat level though is low. The combo's from d-tilt have been nerfed down extremely hard, and the range of the move is lower. It still boats the smash 4 angles it seems, the tip of the tail seems VERY good, with high range (still) and the possible combo potential of the move, not due to the base angle it seems, but that most charactrers gravity seem to be astronomically high in this game, allowing for even at higher %'s where in smash 4 melee or pm the combo would just end if you hit the tip of the tail at that high of percents, combo's here can continue, although little footage of this knowledge in action seems to be available. Even though it clearly does have a few flaws, overall sn amzing option i xan see as being very good in the ultimate metagame.

2) Running SB :150::150::150::151: /3.5 out of 5/
It's also a great option. It takes use of mewtwo's even FASTER run speed to catch opponents who may be trying to retreat, while adding pressure, breaking the ice on wall characters without reflector's, AND keeps mewtwo safe at a distance if so chosen. It's not much to say here. It's use is simple. To approach with. FC (Fully Charged) Shadow ball is HUGE & covers a great deal of range, & adds a ton of pressure on the opponent to make a defensive move, focing their hand, exactly what mewtwo wants. It also can contest short hop attacks, if they try to buffer a SH attack & retreat, or misjudge the space they needed to hit you with a attack & whiff they are going to get hit. But because of gravity look out for short hop fast fall shields, in which it STILL adds a huge chunk of shield damage & shield pushback, making it safe on block on hit if spaced even mildly well, on some characters with short limbs syndrome, such as squirtle, inkling (to my knowledge I think they are ranged but that's a special case) mario, sonic, etc. However, even thought all of this is true, thid usually requires a FC shadow ball, which without one mini SB's as a approach don't have much behing them, & almost all that is exlained above requires SB to HIT the opponent, which if they approach with a FH inside mewtwo's zone, you have a good chance of getting hit.

That's all for now. I'll update it if I get any new idea's or you guys have any. This is a public idea sheet of what run canceling COULD do for mewtwo. But right now i'm tired, & need rest. I might update it tomorrow or not, depends. Anyhow Chao! Tell me if I missed anything or your opinions on this. It is just a bunch of idea's & opinions after all, so none of this is really true until release. So keep that in mind when discussing.

Top Bottom