• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's Multi-Platform D-Smash

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This isn't huge. This isn't game changing.

But this is pretty. dang. neat.

Take a look at these following characters:

Ganondorf
Rosalina
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Samus
DK
Dedede
Wii Fit Trainer
Zelda

These following characters can be hit with dsmash while Mewtwo is standing on one of the side platforms of Battlefield, and Mewtwo's opponent is standing onstage, below the side platform Mewtwo is on. Other tall-ish characters can be hit as well, if they perform a move and miss (example, Marth's upsmash can be punished with dsmash if you're on the side plat, above him.)

This can be useful for punishing characters trying to hit Mewtwo while he's on the platform.

At a high level, if you can do a Standing Shield Drop D-Smash, you can immediately punish them OoS with this if they try to attack you.

For reference on what a Standing Shield Drop is:

And no, I didn't have a better thread title.

I'll try to answer any question to the best of my ability, and update any suggestions you guys give! :3

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
This isn't huge. This isn't game changing.

But this is pretty. dang. neat.

Take a look at these following characters:

Ganondorf
Rosalina
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Samus
DK
Dedede
Wii Fit Trainer
Zelda

These following characters can be hit with dsmash while Mewtwo is standing on one of the side platforms of Battlefield, and Mewtwo's opponent is standing onstage, below the side platform Mewtwo is on. Other tall-ish characters can be hit as well, if they perform a move and miss (example, Marth's upsmash can be punished with dsmash if you're on the side plat, above him.)

This can be useful for punishing characters trying to hit Mewtwo while he's on the platform.

At a high level, if you can do a Standing Shield Drop D-Smash, you can immediately punish them OoS with this if they try to attack you.

For reference on what a Standing Shield Drop is:

And no, I didn't have a better thread title.

I'll try to answer any question to the best of my ability, and update any suggestions you guys give! :3
This is possible for the same reason that hitting people on the ledge with Dsmash is possible right? (Ganondorf on the ledge.)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This is possible for the same reason that hitting people on the ledge with Dsmash is possible right? (Ganondorf on the ledge.)
Yes, the hitbox extends below. However, while hitting someone hanging from the ledge is fairly easy, most attacks wouldn't hit someone standing actually below you on a platform, that's what makes Mewtwo's dsmash standoffish XP

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Yes, the hitbox extends below. However, while hitting someone hanging from the ledge is fairly easy, most attacks wouldn't hit someone standing actually below you on a platform, that's what makes Mewtwo's dsmash standoffish XP
Is it okay if I post this info in the moveset analysis and the guide?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I mean another Mewtwo. It would surprise me if it didn't work on him considering how tall he is.
Oh, lol.
Nah, I don't think it works on Mewtwo. he's tall, but Zelda and Wii Fit are taller. Then it stops working on standing Shulk/Marth, the next tallest.

Tho...the list I looked at, IDK if it had DLC....so maybe XD I'd have to check.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Oh, lol.
Nah, I don't think it works on Mewtwo. he's tall, but Zelda and Wii Fit are taller. Then it stops working on standing Shulk/Marth, the next tallest.

Tho...the list I looked at, IDK if it had DLC....so maybe XD I'd have to check.
...I'm pretty sure every character in your list above the characters you mentioned are taller. And Mewtwo seems about as tall as Rosalina.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
...I'm pretty sure every character in your list above the characters you mentioned are taller. And Mewtwo seems about as tall as Rosalina.
nope, Mewtwo doesn't get hit xD barely.

However he can get hit if he does the taunt where he straightens himself.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
nope, Mewtwo doesn't get hit xD barely.

However he can get hit if he does the taunt where he straightens himself.
OK, now that's interesting. There was this thread a while back about correcting the misconceptions of how WIDE his hurtbox was, but it never covered exactly how much of his head is one either.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
OK, now that's interesting. There was this thread a while back about correcting the misconceptions of how WIDE his hurtbox was, but it never covered exactly how much of his head is one either.
Seems to be fairly accurate in conjunction with his model in terms of height :3

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
We can add R.O.B and Zero Suit Samus to the list. There's also a handful who aren't hit by it normally but do during some idle animations, like Pit, Ike, and just barely Falco.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
We can add R.O.B and Zero Suit Samus to the list. There's also a handful who aren't hit by it normally but do during some idle animations, like Pit, Ike, and just barely Falco.
Rob and ZSS are hit while standing? :o

Top Bottom