• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's best and worst maps.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
What are mewtwo's best and worst maps?

From my mewtwo play I think battlefield is excellent, b/c of the high ceiling and platforms.
also dreamland, but not so much fountain of dreams due to the limited horizontal boundaries, which restrict mewtwo's whoring recovery.

Best: Battlefield, Dreamland

Worst: need input.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
M2 can Double Bair people to death easily on Yoshi's Story, but I have no idea how that goes. And M2 has this really fun Teleport trick at Yoshi's Story too though.
I have no idea.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Depends on who you are playing against. Yoshi's Story is the worst map you can play on against a Marth, but possibly the best against Peach. In general tourney play, I do ban Yoshi's Story. However, I may not ban it if I know the opponent plays as Peach or Jiggs. As for the back air thing, you can double back air a lot of people and chances are, they are not coming back on any map. Very rarely will an enemy survive being hit by it twice off the stage and be capable of coming back.

Dreamland, I find that to be decent at best. Sure, you can live a while, but the map is so large that many enemies can live a while too(due to lack of really powerful knockback moves), which pretty much negates the advantage for the most part.

Battlefield is an excellent stage and very good for M2 overall. The size of it allows for pretty much everything M2 needs to fight effectively.(Tilts, nairs, ect...) Combine this with the fact that this is the stage to use the M2 glitch, and you have a pretty good setup.

I still always enjoy fighting on FD as well. Having no distractions and or changing environments makes dealing with just the opponent that much easier. However, I am sure this is how it is for the opponent as well.

Fountain of Dreams is my favorite stage simply due to the way it looks and the music. Has nothing to do with how well M2 plays there. I would say FoD is close to Battlefield in terms of how well M2 matches up. It isn't quite as good as Battlefield because the platforms change height and the M2 glitch here is not so useful.

Smash Master
I don't play Mewtwo competitively, but wouldn't moving stages (Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise) be ideal for Mewtwo? He's pretty mobile in the air, so he can move better on these stages than his opponents. His projectile has a weird tragectory, so it is less hindered by uneven terrain than other projectiles. He can also get easy, gimpy throws off the side and top of the screen, which is a big bonus, considering how difficult it is to get a kill with Mewtwo.

Top Bottom