• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Needs his BLUE eyes. (They can patch it)

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Ever since Melee came out I never understood why Mewtwo never had his eyes turn blue during special occasions or attacks. Nearly anytime he used a Psychic or strong ability it was amazing to see.

Not only would it look like the most bad ass thing in Smash, it's a trademark of his. Showing off his full power and intimidation factor.

I have two ideas for this. One could be that it activates during certain attacks (The strong ones)

Charged Up, Down,and Side Smash. (Even grow brighter as they charge.
His Fully charged Shadow ball (It already makes the sound).
Shadow Claw and Down Air.
His Grabs (Being fully Psychic).
His Neutral Air would be something wicked if pulled off with the eyes.

I don't understand why his eyes change Green for Disable? But I think Disable and Confusion both need the BLUE eyes.

I know that they are able to patch and update details like that (Peach got new effects and Sound effects a few patches ago.) So it's super possible.

If they don't want to change that, the only other factor is Rage. Similar to how Little Mac gets bruised.

At about 80% (Very high for this light weight) his eyes should turn blue to show **** got real.

Just like the movies. I know the movies and show are not Pokemon cannon, but lots of things are taken from them.

It's a small and easy thing to add, and hope to get Nintendo to update our Psychic experiment.

Last edited:

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
I totally agree!

Also his shield should be glowing blue, like in your second picture.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I totally agree!

Also his shield should be glowing blue, like in your second picture.
Ehhhh shield color always matched what player you are so having all blue shields in a Mewtwo free-for-all would likely get confusing.

Glowing blue eyes honestly seem a bit excessive for the level of power Mewtwo is showing here. It's not like he's blowing up the stage...

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
Ehhhh shield color always matched what player you are so having all blue shields in a Mewtwo free-for-all would likely get confusing.

Glowing blue eyes honestly seem a bit excessive for the level of power Mewtwo is showing here. It's not like he's blowing up the stage...
Then what about Yoshi's egg? Don't they also look the same for every player?

The blue eyes when he attacks are a part of mewtwo, no matter how weak or strong he is. Even in pokemon stadium his eyes where blue when he attacked, thats a reason why i loved him back then :D

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Its' a literal trademark of him. Really hope it gets added. Don't know how something like this is over looked by the Smash team.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Its' a literal trademark of him. Really hope it gets added. Don't know how something like this is over looked by the Smash team.
Does he still do it in XY/ORAS? The most recent generation?

I just think Mewtwo looks intimidating enough as it is. His facial expressions really sell his personality. He ain't f***ing around. Just look at him charging a forward smash. Scary.

Last edited:

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet

I just think Mewtwo looks intimidating enough as it is. His facial expressions really sell his personality. He ain't f***ing around. Just look at him charging a forward smash. Scary.
He doesn't appear to do it in the newer games, but in the newest film with mewtwo, he (or she, in that case) still does it. But he is based on the original Mewtwo anyway.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
He doesn't appear to do it in the newer games, but in the newest film with mewtwo, he (or she, in that case) still does it. But he is based on the original Mewtwo anyway.
Then why is Pikachu so skinny?

Sorry, but I'm afraid in-game glowing blue eyes are becoming a thing of the past. You want classic Mewtwo, look at Project M.
Everything is over the top in anime. They make Ember look like a freaking firestorm.

Last edited:

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Then what about Yoshi's egg? Don't they also look the same for every player?

The blue eyes when he attacks are a part of mewtwo, no matter how weak or strong he is. Even in pokemon stadium his eyes where blue when he attacked, thats a reason why i loved him back then :D
Egg spots match his color.

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
It seems in battle revolution, the latest console pokemon, he also has the blue eyes. But the youtube videos are so bad.

I think they just forgot it or whatever in xy/oras

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
It seems Blue Eyes are supposed to be a general inclusion for Mewtwo's character. But some developers are just nit wits and forget about it when they do some games with him.

Now to just get the word to the smash team for a fix, (Easy one at that)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It seems in battle revolution, the latest console pokemon, he also has the blue eyes. But the youtube videos are so bad.
That's probably because, like most pokemon in that game, his model was just recycled and touched up from previous stadium/colosseum games, blue eyes included. Not really a conscious effort to keep the eyes.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Yet still very much of his more original form. I can only imagine fighting at Dark stages with his eyes glowing blue. Would be intense.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
He had them in Melee, I was hoping he would get them here too. Oh, well...

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
When you do Mewtwo's Downtaunt in this game his eyes spark blue briefly so it doesn't seem like the developers are totally unaware of it.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
When you do Mewtwo's Downtaunt in this game his eyes spark blue briefly so it doesn't seem like the developers are totally unaware of it.
Actually just checked his eyes NEVER go blue in Smash 4. His Down taunt his there is a spark near his eyes, but not blue, or anything near glowing blue.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117

But Smash Mewtwo is supposed to be the Mewtwo from the first movie (check his quotes from the Japanese game) So I don't know why you're mentioning the games.

Anyway, I totally agree that they should put his blue eyes in when he uses Psychic attacks, so cool :p

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the reason why the Movie Mewtwo is so popular is because he is an actual character with emotions, logic, and personality. The video game character is two dimensional with no depth.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
Yeah, the reason why the Movie Mewtwo is so popular is because he is an actual character with emotions, logic, and personality. The video game character is two dimensional with no depth.
Yeah I definitely prefer his movie version over the games (apart from the fem version, adding another mewtwo completely ruined things for me)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, I'm pretty sure the reason Game Freak never really goes in-depth towards Mewtwo's character in the games is that they want to preserve the air of mystery that surrounds him and his motivations. His non-fighter trophy puts it nicely.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
Well, I'm pretty sure the reason Game Freak never really goes in-depth towards Mewtwo's character in the games is that they want to preserve the air of mystery that surrounds him and his motivations. His non-fighter trophy puts it nicely.
His game version doesn't really have any personality though, he's basically like a savage animal. He doesn't speak for one.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
In the Japanese Smash Bros he has lines and talks just like the movie Mewtwo. It's based favorably on his movie presence. Here to hoping they give him one of his best aspects.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
In the Japanese Smash Bros he has lines and talks just like the movie Mewtwo. It's based favorably on his movie presence. Here to hoping they give him one of his best aspects.
His movie presence? Or his Melee presence? Almost everything done with Mewtwo in this game seems to be done with his Melee iteration and fans in mind.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
His movie presence? Or his Melee presence? Almost everything done with Mewtwo in this game seems to be done with his Melee iteration and fans in mind.
But Melee Mewtwo is based on Movie Mewtwo :)
So both.
Mewtwo's Melee voice with talking clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR_G08HZAFk

Edit: And here is Smash 4's voice actor doing an impression of the original with the exact same lines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0PcxMCqkAE
If you compare the two, the new one even does the same attack sounds, they sound very similar, anyway (Go to 8 seconds in the Melee one to compare).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvlOR47HzY

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It would be amazing if he had his Project M model. Obviously that can't happen, but it'd be cool!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last I've checked, Mewtwo's eye pupils have always been colored purple. They're only colored blue when it mega evolves into Mega Mewtwo X.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Ever since Melee came out I never understood why Mewtwo never had his eyes turn blue during special occasions or attacks. Nearly anytime he used a Psychic or strong ability it was amazing to see.

Not only would it look like the most bad *** thing in Smash, it's a trademark of his. Showing off his full power and intimidation factor.

I have two ideas for this. One could be that it activates during certain attacks (The strong ones)

Charged Up, Down,and Side Smash. (Even grow brighter as they charge.
His Fully charged Shadow ball (It already makes the sound).
Shadow Claw and Down Air.
His Grabs (Being fully Psychic).
His Neutral Air would be something wicked if pulled off with the eyes.

I don't understand why his eyes change Green for Disable? But I think Disable and Confusion both need the BLUE eyes.

I know that they are able to patch and update details like that (Peach got new effects and Sound effects a few patches ago.) So it's super possible.

If they don't want to change that, the only other factor is Rage. Similar to how Little Mac gets bruised.

At about 80% (Very high for this light weight) his eyes should turn blue to show **** got real.

Just like the movies. I know the movies and show are not Pokemon cannon, but lots of things are taken from them.

It's a small and easy thing to add, and hope to get Nintendo to update our Psychic experiment.
I'd love those.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
Last I've checked, Mewtwo's eye pupils have always been colored purple. They're only colored blue when it mega evolves into Mega Mewtwo X.
His whole eyes glow blue when using psychic attacks in the movie, that's what people are talking about.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
They don't really glow green, they literally just change his eye color from purple to green.

Seeing how they changed the visual effects in patch 1.1.3

1. His dash attack has new effects

2. Shadowball is slightly bigger.

They did patch some Mewtwo visual effects a few days ago, but the long stretch for his eyes may wait till February if we get lucky haha.

Top Bottom