• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Disable vs. Smash 4 In-Depth (Can be pocketed)

Lulu~

Smash Rookie
I made a complete video of all characters that can pocket, reflect, block, counter, or absorb Mewtwo's Disable (Down Special).

https://youtu.be/RkP8NHCDI4M

If anyone can find anymore I'd love to know :)

Hope you like the video!!

Last edited:

AlmostDoug

Smash Cadet
NNID
AlmostDoug
3DS FC
1048-8205-2086
I dunno why you decided to show him being killed every time, but thanks for the video. Probably would be helpful to make it a list too, but the evidence is super helpful.
Can it not be absorbed though? I don't have anyone else to test it with at the moment.

Lulu~

Smash Rookie
I dunno why you decided to show him being killed every time, but thanks for the video. Probably would be helpful to make it a list too, but the evidence is super helpful.
Can it not be absorbed though? I don't have anyone else to test it with at the moment.
I agree with the killing thing it was a pretty big waste of time in the video and good thinking I'll edit in a list when I'm on my computer.

Elixar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zer0Requiem
R.O.B side B reflector, and then also Mii Swordfighter's Cape Down B move should also be given a try.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Can you check if these characters can crouch under it:
:4kirby::4jigglypuff::4wiifit:

And other characters with short crouches.

Seems like the hitbox of disable is a tad high, huh? Do you have to jump with Villager to pocket it, or can they be standing and catch it?

Last edited:

isalegend

Smash Rookie
Seems like the hitbox of disable is a tad high, huh? Do you have to jump with Villager to pocket it, or can they be standing and catch it?
Villager can stand and pocket it. Someone told me that meta knight can just stand and not get hit by it, so I would assume those characters wouldn't get hit.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
After a character is hit by jab 1 they are propped up so disable hits anyone. Especially since they are in hitstun. You pretty much have to shield if that happens.

And mk can still be hit. Kirby and jigglypuffs crouch can avoid it I think.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Meta Knight seems to be a very troubling Matchup for Mewtwo, for more than just this reason: faster everything, even air moves and air speed. Mewtwo can outrange him at least.

Alrighty, I'm gonna do this testing with him as well, see what can avoid it, etc.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
I agree with the killing thing it was a pretty big waste of time in the video and good thinking I'll edit in a list when I'm on my computer.
The characters that can reflect it are the same ones that can reflect other projectiles... It's not like you need to list every one.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Was about to see if people had found this out yet. Weird how Disable works like a projectile instead of a disjoint.

Yet here I stand, stunned by my own Disable as Mario charges his Fsmash.

Uffe

Smash Hero
There's an interesting quality about Disable in this game. After using Disable on your opponent, the consecutive hit will say "001". You can be late with your next attack and the consecutive hit goes from 001 to 002. In fact, if you set your opponent to 999% and use DIsable, you can spam it and raise up the combo. Normally, a consecutive hit will only add up if you register one attack after another simultaneously. In this case, it doesn't work that way.

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
There's an interesting quality about Disable in this game. After using Disable on your opponent, the consecutive hit will say "001". You can be late with your next attack and the consecutive hit goes from 001 to 002. In fact, if you set your opponent to 999% and use DIsable, you can spam it and raise up the combo. Normally, a consecutive hit will only add up if you register one attack after another simultaneously. In this case, it doesn't work that way.
You can also raise the combo meter up with Confusion if the CPU is set to Wait. Even though the attack can be avoided with a secondary jump/roll recover/recover attack, the game will read the consecutive Confusions as true combos, despite them being anything but true in the scenario

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Just used Charizard against Mewtwo, and Rock Smash's super armor seemed to protect him from getting dizzy.
Is this known...?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Just used Charizard against Mewtwo, and Rock Smash's super armor seemed to protect him from getting dizzy.
Is this known...?
All the little rocks are considered projectiles and probably stopped it unless Super Armor can block disable. Oh you can reflect the rocks from Rock Smash. Kinda funny.

I'm finding you can land a Disable as a hard punish against a character making a move that has a lot of endlag. Falcon Kick/Wizard's Foot for example.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
All the little rocks are considered projectiles and probably stopped it unless Super Armor can block disable.
I'm pretty sure the rocks didn't come out yet, and I wanted to know whether or not super armor can block disable...

Last edited:
Top Bottom