• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Custom Move Ideas

Cykelopz

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone this is my first thread on Smashboards so please excuse any newbie mistakes. I'm surprised how the developers have not created any custom moves for Mewtwo considering the amount of time that's passed since his release date. I have brainstormed some ideas for Mewtwo's Custom Moves and I would really appreciate your feedback or any changes you would like to add to the moves. Most of these custom moves are moves that Mewtwo can learn in the Pokémon games minus one Up B that's a variation of his teleport. Without further ado here are my custom moves ideas for Mewtwo.

Neutral B:
(2) Psycho Cut:
Fire an energy projectile that's slightly weaker than the other Neutral B's, but has much higher knock back along with shield breaking properties. Charging it for longer increases power of knock back and shield breaking.
* Knock back is similar to Falco's Reflector Void and Mario's Shocking Cape but can grow stronger by charging it. Why does it have a high knock back and shield breaking properties? Being a critical hit move in the Pokémon games I thought it would be appropriate to somewhat incorporate that mechanic in a fighting game like Smash. *
(3) Electro Ball: Charges and travels faster than the other Neutral B's, but has very low knock back.
* Similar to Robin's Speed Thunder with the only difference being that despite how strong the move gets, the knock back will remain fairly weak. *

Side B:
(2) Psychic:
Use a strong wave of psychic energy that can push opponents. It can also reflect projectiles.
* This move is pretty much the psychic version of Mario's Gust Cape with the only differences being that it doesn't spin and has a "wind box" that can cause damage. The difference between Psychic and Confusion is you lose the ability to combo right after the attack, however, it's the strongest of the Side B's. The closer the opponent is to the move, the stronger the damage is. *
(3) Gravity: Create a gravitational force in front of you that trips opponents in the ground or pushes them downwards in the air. The move has no reflective properties.
* This move can be seen as a combination of Lucas PSI Magnet, Mario's Gust Cape, and have the tripping properties of moves that induce that effect. Of course the move won't absorb like PSI Magnet or have spinning properties like the Cape, but it it will have a wind box similar to the Cape with the only difference being that it goes downwards instead of sideways (this downward effect only works when the opponent is in the air.) This move will cause the lowest damage as oppose to the other Side B's but it's great for extending combos. *

Up B:
(2) Telekinesis:
Use psychic energy to soar and attack in the air.
* This move is a combination of Lucario's Ride the Wind and Peach's Floating ability. You can either stay still or maneuver freely in the air while attacking at the same time. After the animation ends for the move you will be put into free fall. Air dodging ends the animation faster. P.S. it is the slowest and longest of Mewtwo's Up B's. *
(3) Striking Teleport: This teleport travels a much shorter distance but allows you to act out of it to extend combos.
* The move won't be so overpowered with the travel distance being shorter but nonetheless I'll remain strong since it's quicker and more offensive than the regular Teleport. Mewtwo won't be put into free fall after the animation ends. Trust me we all want Mewtwo with the same Project M Teleport but I'm trying to maintain it as balanced as possible! *

Down B:
(2) Future Sight:
Attach an explosive psychic energy to an enemy you make eye contact with.
* Works like Mega Man's Crash Bomber with the only difference being that the opponent can't attach the attack back to you or anyone else. This attack can be blocked and cannot be spammed. Future Sight will be the slowest of the Down B moves but will have longer range and a larger hit box. *
(3) Thunder Wave: Paralyze an enemy you make eye contact with.
* One of the differences between Thunder Wave and Disable will be that it's slightly easier to land since it's easier to get out of the effect. The other difference with this Thunder Wave and Pikachu's is that it's an eye contact move. *

Last edited:
Top Bottom