• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo and stages

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
There wasn't a topic that seemed appropriate for this yet.
Discuss thoughts on good and bad stages for mewtwo here.
So far mewtwo seems to prefer stages with platforms as they give him more follow up opportunities, maneuverability and a slightly easier time landing.
Battlefield so far feels like his best stage but delfino also seems like a solid counterpick with the ways mewtwo can exploit the small blast zones during a stage transition with usmash and uthrow and the platform placement seeming favorable.When playing as mewtwo I personally hate flat stages like FD and would probably strike it in the neutral phase but i dunno.Lylat seemed promising but the tilting just kills any threat shadowball poses on stage half the time.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Yep yep yep.
Absolutely LOVE battlefield for mewtwo.
Delfino and Halberd are close seconds.
TaC is pretty up there too.
Kongo isnt bad either.
But I dislike lylat and FD.

Browny

Smash Hater
Flat stages give mewtwo incredibly easy set ups into shadow ball, platforms make him susceptible to shield poking.

I am convinced flat stages are his best.

Also, Lylat and Castle Seige give him true combos into usmash from dthrow since the platforms are JUST the right height to allow it. I'm sure theres more legal stages out there that allow this.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Battlefield is definitely his best stage because of Confusion and tail shenanigans. Not much else to say, it's just a great stage for Mewtwo. If you get an up-throw on the platforms you can kill enemies rather early as well.

Stages with low ceilings (Halberd, Town and City, etc) are double edged swords to be honest. They're not great but they're not bad either. On one hand, you can kill rather early with u-smash and u-throw. On the other, you can also get killed off the top extremely easily because of Mewtwo's floatiness and weight.

I agree with you on Lylat. Platforms are great for tail shenanigans but the tilting really messes up Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. It's rather unfortunate because Shadow Ball is one of Mewtwo's best tools.

Every other stage is alright for Mewtwo.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Big Battlefield honestly.

I am growing more fond of stages like delfino and kongo jungle.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I feel more comfortable on Omega stages, but i believe Battlefield-like ones would suit him better.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I dunno man. Omega stage and high level falcons sound like a nightmare.
High level Falcons are no problem for me (my little brother mains him since Smash64, and i've fought him for over 14 years on a regular basis in every Smash game, and quite frnakly i rarely fight stronger Falcons than him), but this game taught me to despise Yoshi with all my heart.

Fighting against Yoshis in FG is not good for my blood-pressure...

(off topic; is that Hector from Fire Emblem in your avatar? Boy, haven't played that in a while!)

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Why yes it is Hector. I dunno fighting falcon and yoshi as mewtwo can be tense.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
@FD comments: But they also make it harder to land with him, limit his strong air followup game, and lets one of his worst matchups(sonic) run all over him. Shadowball's overrated IMO. It's a powerful projectile but not the entirety of mewtwo's game.
I dunno man. Omega stage and high level falcons sound like a nightmare.
Not to mention the sonics.. *shudder*I do admittedly probably have a bit of a bias though since i've grown really tired of omega stages(the few times i actually play FG by choice these days and someone i play with regularly chooses omegas all the time) and main metaknight as well as secondary Ganondorf.(honestly ganondorf would be the one matchup for mewtwo i'd actually be hesitant to pick BF against because that guy is the KING of BF)

Top Bottom