• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck

Tell me this isn't cool. Tell me this wouldn't work feature film length.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Now the masterminds behind that film should revive that Metroid: Enemies Within project and make me **** bricks.

Annihilat®

Smash Journeyman
Metroid Other M. Intended to be a movie. Why it wasn't well-received.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
I saw this last night. Thought it was really cool. Would be great to see more.

Petroklos

Smash Cadet
Metroid Other M. Intended to be a movie. Why it wasn't well-received.
Some good ideas, disgusting execution. Samus was badly written, badly acted and/or over acted, her relationship with Adam was trash, too much non interactive story parts.

The last part is the most important. This video tries to be a movie when it's a youtube video, A for effort. OtherM tried to be a movie when it was a video game. Why have so many non interactive flashbacks instead of playing at the game's start as young Samus?

Having some play time as young Samus, right after we meet Adam would:
>Remove complains of too much non interactive content.
>The stupid way of limiting your equipment (Adam said you had to, so you did. bs). You don't have them as young Sammy, you unlock them as you play. When you reach adult Sammy, you've got all of your old equipment plus something newer, with more left to somehow unlock.
>You show her first encounter with Ridley (after him killing her parents and genociding her planet) on the young Samus part, making her breakdown scene believable and actually good. (Why after having killed him many times, she NOW has the breakdown during OtherM? More bs.)

After that, you only got to fix the abusive and sexist relationship with Adam and you have a mediocre Metroid game with more story than any other in the series. It could be done, it could be great, but its execution was complete trash.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
The effects crew and sound crew did a good job. Samus seems mis-casted though. An, independent, non-profit group probably can't be expected to find the perfect person for the role though.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Too bad Bob Hoskins Super Mario Brothers Movie scared Nintendo from ever doing movies ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom