• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Methods of killing for ZSS

MageofSymphonia

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I decided to start picking up ZSS for tournaments, so far I've been practicing and have been running trouble in terms of closing out the stock without going to almost 200%.
I do know that the upB can kill quite early, but I don't want to rely on that too much as it can be quite punishable, her up air is quite good as well and then her Fair out of stage is pretty good. So far, the up air has been my safest kill but I want to try to diversify my methods of killing so I don't become predictable and my opponent can just dodge all my air attacks since they know that'll be how I kill.
Any methods I'm missing that I can quite possibly add to my repertoire? Also If there any other tips in learning how to play ZSS competitively that'd be great as I just started using her hardcore this week.

El3ment

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrokElement
She does have very few kill options. Uair, Fsmash, Up B and Bair are all good kill options. Her Down B is a good spike offstage, but it's easily punished if you miss and hard to land, but nevertheless very good. On stages with low ceilings or platforms, Usmash kills decently early on the last hit. I'd use Paralyzer and Dsmash to set up your kill options.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Make sure you can consistently convert paralyzer hits to spike kills whenever possible, these can net you fast, very early kills as well.

For safer killing -last stock last hit kinda thing - I usually try and start spacing bairs when they hit high % (character and rage dependent).

Fidyyuan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fidyyuan
I'd say the best is bait and attack so you can shield and upb OoS. Either that or when they're at a high percent like 140%, grab, dthrow, and double jump uair. If they get used to that then you can always chase them in the air and use down+b to mix it up for the kill.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Getting people into the air and putting them into 50/50s with like Bair or flip kick while in the air are good ways to kill. Dthrow react to DI and Bair can work if you react quick enough. Dthrow to uair can kill too.

Glyphagos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphagos
3DS FC
0490-7952-6058
Play mindgames with them. Bait them and once they make an error you can rush at them and choke them violently before they can react.

Top Bottom