• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta's Cape of Justice

Mr_Peepers

Smash Rookie
My roommate and I have been playing team battles a lot, him as Pit and I as MK.

With every time I get the final smash, I'll get one character under my cape, which does 50% spike to the character in my cape, and 18% to all bystanders.

However, it appears that even in team battles, my roommate will still take the 18% damage, even when we're on the same team.

has anyone else noticed this?

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I recall someone complaining about it a lot in another post recently. It doesn't kind of suck that Meta Knight would attack his own friends, but keep in mind that he is an evil character :p

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
happens all the time all you need to do is roll out of the way as he slashes you roll and your safe

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
well he could be its never really bin specified in any way in games he tries to beat up kirby .in the show he helps him ....

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
lonelytraveler8 said:
To be more specific, he's Kirby's non-comical arch rival.
Ok, thats better XD. Sorry for being so nitpicky, but to me there is a difference between rival/ally and villain. I've always felt MK was more good then bad. Besides, even if you think Subspace is ridicuouls, Sakurai had Meta Knight shown with a pure aura from Lucario's PoV. You could argue that was Sakurai's way of showing his true nature. May not be completely canon, but if he were more bad he wouldn't have that blue arura, maybe a bit purple. XD

To get back in topic, yeah it does hurt teammates. Dodge or shield, as stated before.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
Meta-knight's not evil =3
Just misunderstood and he is an honorable character ^^

But I didn't know for Final Smash that Meta-knight hurts his own team-mates o.o

greenmetaknightfan

Smash Rookie

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
This also happens with Jigglypuff's Final Smash. The rest like attack at the end when she is shrinking can hit your teammate.
A side note: Meta Knight evil? No, just the anti-hero.

Meta_Kirby17

Smash Rookie
lol i have noticed these kinds of things...when my teammate does their final smash as some character tht i forgot, i would always take some damage but not all characters damage their teammates

Razer Reds

Smash Rookie
This also happened to me and my brother yesterday so we checked some other FSes. Jigglypuff's does no damage but the team mate still gets knocked backed by the final part of the FS. Olimar's damages the team mate, but the take way less damage than the opponent, can still move around during the FS, and can't get hit by the ship going up and crashing down.

Top Bottom