• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknights weaknesses

sunflash

Smash Cadet
Can anyone post his weaknesses on this thread because i need to know metas weaknesses since hes a really good character and need some advice and making his deaths more smooher, thanks.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight has a very hard time against camping; Pit, Falco, and Mario really give him trouble. Also, although his recovery is god-like, his mid-air jumps leave him very open. Furthermore, all his B moves leave him in a helpless state and are easily punishable. Additionally, he is very light and floaty making him fairly easy to juggle.

*His fast attacks combined with a disjointed hitbox and medium priority make him a difficult opponent to face but there are far more difficult match-ups*

Lorcl678

Smash Apprentice
- Wrong, Metaknight can easily eat Pit's arrows and Mario's fireballs with his tornado. Against projectiles like Wolf's and Falco's, depending on the opponent, you can sometimes glide above the projectiles and follow that with a short Tornado. Metaknight does fairly well against campers just as long as you know what you're doing.

- Mid air jumps leave him open? No. His fair and dair have above average range and can avoid shield grabs if spaced correctly.

- Helpless state and easily punishable? There's barely any lag on his Tornado and if you Drill Rush towards the ground, there's not much lag there either.

- How would a light weight character make it easy to juggle? Would it make more sense if you were juggling a heavy a character?

I'm a Metaknight user myself and back to the first post, the only weakness I can think of is his light weight characteristic that can get him killed if the MK user is careless.

???????

Smash Journeyman
You have a lot of valid points, Meta Knight is a very controversial character but as with your points there are counterpoints, as with mine. I am simply trying to give some advice not define the kind of metagame Meta Knight has, but I apologize if you have any particular problem with what I've stated.

*Meta Knight is good character but everyone has weak points*

*To be honest I had a feeling I'd get a defensive response, but I understand and agree with your counterargument*

*I apologize if anything that I have said is seen as offensive*

*Be true to your character and don't be afraid to discuss or learn*

Dr. Death Metal

Smash Rookie
Weaknesses

Not to beat a dead horse, but he is rather lite in weight, making him often times a lower percentage kill.

I've recently started playing Brawl and Meta Knight, and found that his aerials such as the drill rush and loop can sometimes be self killers (stick control is crucial I've found). Aside from that, he can off stage with Pit easily, as my friend mains pit and we brawl constantly in air off stage.

His drill rush is stopped by Pits arrows, and his priority is trumped by most Pika moves. Also, if you get into the habit of aerials you get beat up by some counters such as Marth.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
He does have a small bit of trouble KO'ing with a lack of a defining kill move. His smashes are okay, and he can psuedo-WoP anyone to the blastzone.

Lorcl678

Smash Apprentice
Imho, Metaknight has lots of kills moves (Up B, Fsmash, Dsmash, Nair, even some of his B moves) ONLY IF you don't use it to punish opponents at low / mid percentages. Majority of MK's attacks are great for racking up damage. If you save his kill moves until fairly high percentages, then those moves will be at full strength, making it easier to kill.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, having started playing Meta today, I've been doing nothing but Dsmash and Shuttle Loop KOs.

I don't find Fsmash particularly useful outside of punishing back tech rolls, though.

JDegner790

Smash Rookie
Um, aside from the two statements about lack of killing strokes and light weight, it's notable to mention that his air speed is somewhat lacking and makes it difficult to perform midair combos if the opponent is at higher percentages (which they usually are, considering Meta Knight can rack up damage extremely fast). Another weakness is his poor range. Although he does have pretty good priority (although not over Pikachu or Game and Watch), his actual hitbox is a little on the small side and can be outdone by characters such as Marth, Ike, Dedede, Olimar, and other such characters with weapons.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
It's true that Meta has short range compared to those you mentioned, but those characters have some of the longest range in the game.

It's like saying Wolf's laser sucks compared to Pit's arrows. They're both great, one is just better.

JDegner790

Smash Rookie
It's true that Meta has short range compared to those you mentioned, but those characters have some of the longest range in the game.

It's like saying Wolf's laser sucks compared to Pit's arrows. They're both great, one is just better.
Yeah, I completely agree with you. I'm just pointing out that his range can be pretty easily outdone by some characters, and most of them are direct Meta counters (particularly Ike and Dedede).

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
The fact that there are a few characters who outrange him, when they have the longest ranges, doesn't mean Meta Knight's range is that much of a problem unless you're facing one of them. If you have a friend who uses those characters all of the time then yes it will probably be a problem, but you never know exactly who's going to use which characters against you.

The only problems I really have with Meta Knight is against my friend's Toon Link. He spams boomerangs, arrows, and bombs. He always gets out a bomb to counter the Mach Tornado then goes happy with the boomerangs and arrows... it's not an easy matchup.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
-2nd lightest character
-No projectile
-Aerial movement is somewhat sluggish (minus gliding and B moves)

That's pretty much about it.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
I feel as though meta knights strongest point is the ability to ruin recovery attempts by other characters. You can literally use all 5 jumps to gimp an opponent and ensure their death, then shuttle loop back to the stage. This is your only option for killing under 100% damage. This becomes a weakness when you take into account that some characters are just as good at this. I feel MK is not an ideal choice against jigglypuff or pit due to their in air agility, good recoveries, and high priority arials. D3 and kirby seem less of an in-air-threat, but against pit or jiggly I would choose Ike or Snake over MK (these are the three I play with.)

Though I am yet to face off against a good space animal with my MK, I fear that the illusion could prove to be a problem due to the fact that it may be very difficult to prevent them from sweet spotting the ledge.

Top Bottom