• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Tornado Spam..

kreechure

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I just finished fighting a MK spammer and realized that I couldn't figure out a way to beat him. He spent literally the entire match spamming side-b ( which i can handle thanks to d-tilt) and neutral b. :mad:

I've always fought MKs that play decently and about 50% of the time i can win, But i couldn't figure out a way to deal with the tornado spam. I tried everything i can think of, even just outright trying to run away from it, but only ended up bouncing on top of his sword and racking up insane damage. In the end he had 2 stocks left and i felt like an idiot. How do you guys deal with his mach tornado spammers?:confused:

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Yeah, it sucks. Against side+b near the edge, you can use neutral+B to gimp him.

Tornado is hard to deal with. Off the top of my head, the only moves that hit him out of it are f-smash and maybe u-air. Your best bet is dodging, or DIing out, and punishing him after.

kreechure

Smash Rookie
I don't really want to change characters completely when i can usually win, I just wanted some way to stop the tornado spam. Besides i sorta suck as marth :chuckle:

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
if hes coming from below use down air. it has not hitbox on the top so any characters down airs can stop it.

sideways, downsmash knocks him out of it

but yeah it sucks.

kreechure

Smash Rookie
Thanks for that Nick, so down-smash takes it down horizontally. good to know

Konwukulups

Smash Cadet
I have some experience against a friend that pretty much spams tornado exclusively. Dsmash works well if you can time it, but he can float over it and just suck up your top half. Dair works sometimes for me, but all of the hits seem to get canceled out once in a while (very frustrating) and his tornado just keeps coming. My most consistent tactic is a ff'd bair from above, but against a skilled MK I'm not sure that's such a great place to be. (On a side note you can also inhale him with about the same approach.) All in all I just expect to eat some tornadoes and do my best to punish him during special fall when he chases too high.

CO18

Smash Hero
Downsmash knocks Mk out of it all the time if you time it right.

Down Tilt will either cancel the Tornado or Hit him out depending on how far he is into the tornado.

Up tilt hits MK out of the torndao.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
Downsmash knocks Mk out of it all the time if you time it right.

Down Tilt will either cancel the Tornado or Hit him out depending on how far he is into the tornado.

Up tilt hits MK out of the torndao.
^^^

CO18 is 100% correct...

this is exactly how i deal with MK's

also...another thing to know about MK's over b and tornado

inhale makes mk travel through you...much like Ike travels through you with his over b

and since both Ike and MK go into fall special after using their over b's you can cause them to kill themselves

inhale at the side of the ledge...they travel right through u off the ledge...BAM you just pissed off the ike or mk player...

Top Bottom