• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knights N-air

sandaman

Smash Cadet
ey ppl, i was just wondering if MK users here use mk's nair a lot. Most people seem to not use it much, mostly just use fair or dair. But i like the look and sound of his nair just wondering if anyone uses this move a lot and if it works well for them? I heard it has a sweetspot thats hard to hit but when it does its really strong, i wonder if practicing the sweetspot and mastering it, would nair be even better than his other aerials. Just wanna see anyone else's point of view on this.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
yeah its true, when sweetspotted, this move has decent KO potential. they still ahve to be relatively high percent though. I dont use it enough, primarily because it has short range and fairly low priority. It is also difficult to be offensive with due to the inability to jump at or away from your opponent very well with it, and DIing after is not very effective, so it can leave you open for shieldgrabs and counters. Mostly, I use it for edgeguarding/off the stage kill tactics.

I also use it sometimes as a counter attack because it comes out faster than any other arial attack... for example, when playing a ditto, n-air is great for hitting someone after they used tornado.

I am really curious to see how other ppl use the move though, as I would like to incorporate it more into my game.

sandaman

Smash Cadet
yeah its true, when sweetspotted, this move has decent KO potential. they still ahve to be relatively high percent though. I dont use it enough, primarily because it has short range and fairly low priority. It is also difficult to be offensive with due to the inability to jump at or away from your opponent very well with it, and DIing after is not very effective, so it can leave you open for shieldgrabs and counters. Mostly, I use it for edgeguarding/off the stage kill tactics.

I also use it sometimes as a counter attack because it comes out faster than any other arial attack... for example, when playing a ditto, n-air is great for hitting someone after they used tornado.

I am really curious to see how other ppl use the move though, as I would like to incorporate it more into my game.

dam u came up with a lot of bad things about it haha. Nah but i see ur point. I still reckon it COULD be good u know what i mean? Like if u master its uses and learn how its sweetspot works, i reckon it could be a pretty sweet move then.

sandaman

Smash Cadet
but do u guys actually use it while fighitng on stage or only to kill offstage. I agree its good at accumulating dmg as well cuz it helps keeping stale moves off fair and it also does around the same dmg as fair maybe a bit weaker. another thing i reckon its good cuz it hits 360 degress around u. so u can use it wherever the opponent is around u.

sandaman

Smash Cadet
ah fair enough, so quite a few ppl use it haha. In vids pretty much everyone only fairs i like nair though, any of you know how the sweetspot works exaclty? i reckon it would be a sweet KO'er if you learn to sweetspot it all the time.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
dash attack>utilt>nair
dash attack>nair
fthrow>nair
dthrow>nair

those are when i find nair easiest to throw in

sandaman

Smash Cadet
hmm that dash>utilt>nair sounds like a nice combo. Thx ringo for the tips. btw do u ever use nair to KO with? or just build up some percent?

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
KO offstage, i was just giving combos, i like doing it close to the ground b/c it knocks them strait back most of the time, setting you up for another combo

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
oh btw, nair seems to have more KO potential if doing it lower than the stage floor, pushing someone down and away is always a good bet

sandaman

Smash Cadet
yeh thats what i liked about it, it was kind of a half spike if used in the right spot cuz it sends em diagonally down

ckm

Smash Journeyman
oh, i thought of another use that I have for it in my game... due to its longer duration, it is good for edgeguarding against falco/fox and possibly others. if you time it right, you can hit them out of their forward b.

Top Bottom