• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Super wavedash?

Free-D

Smash Cadet
I was doing some practice with meta knight and I noticed when you angle down B (IDC/DC) into a soft floating platform such that the "spark" (before second drift) is directly above the ledge, meta knight's second drift will carry immensely to falling off the platform and sliding. If IDC does have invicibility frames after meta knight comes out then this technique can be used greatly for approaching

With this new tech discovered "IDWD"/DWD the Inter/dimensional Wavedash (I have not seen anyone talk about this) I'm curious of what applications it has.

I will also test if this works in brawl/3.02 (outdated but might as well)

Here are some poor pictures of what it can do/how it's done:

Example 1: Easiest form of this technique, try this one just to see it actually happen

Example 2: Throw in a B-reverse right after falling off the platform/leaving the star. you can b reverse this to shorten distances, but this is the longest distance version using one b reverse. May take the same time to just fast fall

Example 3: A variation on 2; but from the top platform, this option is FASTER than simply dropping from the platform and is much harder to predict/punish.

Example 4: A variation on 3; can be done by reversing 1 so you're facing the ledge,

Example 5: perhaps the fastest way to get to the ledge from a platform, very difficult/technical to perform.

If someone could try this and post their results that'd be awesome!

Thanks and happy smashing!
Free-d

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Hey there! This technique has been discussed in the Dimensional Cape Drift thread on this very forum! http://smashboards.com/threads/dimensional-cape-drift.378879/

Not sure how in-depth it goes on platforms, but the concept is there. Unfortunately, IDC has no invincibility frames during start-up or ending, so it's more useful as a movement mixup than a straight-up approach. LOL.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, word is that this little exploit will be getting removed, probably in the first bug patch that comes out.

Free-D

Smash Cadet
Hmm wow his post is a lot more in-depth and explains why it happens. He doesn't show it with platforms though! But all well and fun.

From what I was testing you didn't need the c stick at all it it does seem helpful because you don't need to move the control stick during the drift.

During practice I never accidentally did it even, it only worked for me on platforms. I think itis interesting he doesn't mention the potential with dropping from platforms but maybe that was obvious? The way I did it involved IC to near edge of a platform without the c stick at all.

If they do remove this "glitch" I wouldn't be surprised but I kinda like it as tech, if Spacies can have multi shines then surely we should have this!

Also what does it mean to be a "back roomer"?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Hmm wow his post is a lot more in-depth and explains why it happens. He doesn't show it with platforms though! But all well and fun.

From what I was testing you didn't need the c stick at all it it does seem helpful because you don't need to move the control stick during the drift.

During practice I never accidentally did it even, it only worked for me on platforms. I think itis interesting he doesn't mention the potential with dropping from platforms but maybe that was obvious? The way I did it involved IC to near edge of a platform without the c stick at all.

If they do remove this "glitch" I wouldn't be surprised but I kinda like it as tech, if Spacies can have multi shines then surely we should have this!

Also what does it mean to be a "back roomer"?
He nor I, didn't feel like posting all that up. lolno. Backroomer is just a boys club.

Last edited:
Top Bottom