• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta-Knight, some tips on getting through your oppents blows?

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
can you guys post some tips on how to get through to a smash spammer with metaknight? He is a really good character but I just feel like he is really close range and easily countered.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
depending on the projectile you can just tornado through it
stuff like pika's thunder jolt (neutralB) is destroyed by the tornado
stuff like wolfs lazer isnt

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
yes, for me, I tornado through things like Pika's thunder and Pit's arrows

for wolf, I fly over the lazer until Im up next to him

for snake, I just give up, put the controller down and walk away (accually its hard to recall what I do with snakes and I fight them so often too, I think I shield stuff like the forward B because snake takes some time to put it away again, and I usually try to pick up gernades and throw them back)

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
for wolf, I fly over the lazer until Im up next to him

for snake, I just give up, put the controller down and walk away (accually its hard to recall what I do with snakes and I fight them so often too, I think I shield stuff like the forward B because snake takes some time to put it away again, and I usually try to pick up gernades and throw them back)
i agree completely

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
take Snake in the air? Kirby can take him pretty well in the air, and since MK has great air power too I don't see why he would have alot of trouble as well. I faught a lvl 9 snake with MK, it was easy on Final Destination, b/c if you knock him off the stage, air attack him into that little gap, nearly impossible for him to recover.

Back to my problem, I think I misworded, projectiles are easy, what I mean is, people who just spam smash attacks. I try to get them during their lag but they just throw in some A attakcs. Maybe I jsut need some more practice with MK.

Example: I was playing my frined's ice clamber, he mostly used the over B move and forward smash. There was almost no delay b/e his moves and I didn't see an opening. What would you guys have done?

MK is a good character and the kirby series is by far my favorite in the nintindo franchise, so the tips are really helpfull. I wanna get my MK up to a close 2nd with my Kirby main.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
with IceClimbers side B, you can always jump above them and dair and with their fsmash, you wait for the hammers to come down and then run at them

also, in both cases, the tornado seems like a nice choice as well, the tornado will plow right through IceClimber's side B and as long as you time it right and keep a nice distance at first you can hit the IC's in the tornado after a fsmash (though personally, I would run up and grab them in the second situation)

but talking about a different character, like wolf (whos smash attacks are just so abusive, dsmash and fsmash especailly) just be sure to keep a good distance and you can follow up with a dsmash, or you can shield grab

(with wolfs fsmash specifically, I like to roll behind him AS hes using the fsmash though its hard to get the timing down, so I end up dodging the attack and in a good position for either turning around and dash grabbing or a doing a dmsash)

I sure hope all this helps you :)

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Definitly! Wolf forward smash lovers always give me such trouble, I needed some tips vs him with MK.

Top Bottom