• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta knight not grabbing ledge after dimensional cape

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
Im not understanding what I'm doing wrong, I absolutely can not get metaknight to grab the ledge after using the dimensional cape (attack), is there something wrong with the game?

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
I know that, he doesnt start falling until the end lag is finished

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
You're incorrect actually, DCape slash has a whole second of endlag (59 frames) once the slash has finished, and MK starts falling during this time. Tornado is similar as well. Both of these attacks are very risky to use offstage unless you're far above the edge.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
You can't grab ledge until you start blinking (meaning you are in free fall)

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
All of MK's specials have him spin (or other for a bit when he starts to fall after using it, then after a moment he starts blinking (this is when he can grab the ledge). After the Dimensional Cape attack, I think he starts blinking once he's fallen the height of about a fullhop + 2 jumps. If you land on the ground from this height then he also has no landing lag (it autocancels).

Last edited:

SMS_Jonesy

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheRealJonesy
If you just tap B when doing Dimensional Cape instead of holding it you will almost always grab the ledge. When you hold B and follow through with the attack you add landing lag to the equation and that spells death.

Top Bottom