• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta-Knight IS the Best, i knew it...

xigon

Smash Apprentice
i saw a vid of meta kngiht vs cap. falcon a realised that KK was the best because:

• He can change direction glide because after he glides, he can do another shuttle loop and glide again in th opposite direction.(proof)

He can wall combo until about 999% if he wants. proof

He can completely avoid attacks and attack back with dimension cape. proof

He cannot be meteored smashed because he can teleport and drill to the edge.

He has 6 jumps which helps him recover. proof

He has the quickest attacks from the game.

i think that its now clear that hes the best character from the game

WFL

Smash Journeyman
i saw a vid of meta kngiht vs cap. falcon a realised that KK was the best because:

• He can change direction glide because after he glides, he can do another shuttle loop and glide again in th opposite direction.(proof)

1. I don't think he can turn around in the glide because his first death is not being able to turn around after gliding outward.

2. If he can combo to 999% by doing one move into a wall then walled stages will be banned, but I doubt he can because you can probably DI out of it.

3. Marth and Ike can counter and the shine and fortress come out fast enough and have enough priority to be better than a dimension cape. Oh, and Mario have a cape.

4. You didn't give proof to this, but I'll trust and am guessing that he has to meteor cancel in order to do this. If he has to meteor cancel than it's just like everyone else. Also, spikes are still amazing.

5. I'm pretty sure R.O.B.'s recovery is better because he has jetpack feet that can also be used to **** people.

6. Quick attacks are good, but it's the only thing really going for him.

00Sn8k

Smash Cadet

1.)Okay, that's good for recovery
2.)Don't expect every level to have a wall
3.)Probably a good move, but remember one move doesn't make or break a person, the player does.
4.) Yes, every character can get meteor smashed. And I can almost guarantee that a good amount of damage+a well timed meteor smash can put anyone out of the stage and into the "Owned zone"
5.)He has only 5
6.)That MAY be true. The game isn't out yet but from a visual perspective, I'll go with you on that one.
Overall, this claim is false. 5 jumps and glide makes for a good recovery.
Quick attacks are pretty good too but every character has their flaws and meta knights don't go unnoticed. His light weight can get him blasted off the stage pretty often and his lack of K.O power is a bummer too. Also, the game isn't out yet.......unless you live in japan or went to E for all, I highly doubt you've played/made the game and can instantly conclude that MK is the best character in the game by pointing out some of his good qualities.
Even with all his good qualities and what not, he's a good character but I'm not sure he'd make it to the top. I understand where your coming from though =D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
He can change direction glide because after he glides, he can do another shuttle loop and glide again in th opposite direction.(proof)
How about WITHOUT wasting his third jump?

Person probably wasn't Smash DIing.

He's very lightweight. He will be killed by strong attacks more easily than other characters.

Yeah, that's valid. But he doesn't have nearly as much range as other characters, so he can be out prioritized. Because he doesn't have many reliable kill moves, that will also be troubling.

He's gonna have to overcome Mario. And by far, the news says that he's countered by Lucario who gets stronger when he's damaged. =)

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
As much as I would like to go against this, it's just that his aerials are very dominating. His Fair and Bair are 3 slashes, very spammable, comboable, and is a disjointed hitbox. As if Marth's Fair stuffed lots of moves, Metaknight's is along the same lines with out the knockback. Also, his Nair is good notably good too.

The only trouble I see with him is that he lacks a good killing move. I'm sure intercepting with Up B will be easy after practicing it for a while, but other than that, he lacks in that department heavily.

PS: Lucario is meh. He gets killed by characters with swords and range.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
As much as I would like to go against this, it's just that his aerials are very dominating. His Fair and Bair are 3 slashes, very spammable, comboable, and is a disjointed hitbox. As if Marth's Fair stuffed lots of moves, Metaknight's is along the same lines with out the knockback. Also, his Nair is good notably good too.

The only trouble I see with him is that he lacks a good killing move. I'm sure intercepting with Up B will be easy after practicing it for a while, but other than that, he lacks in that department heavily.

PS: Lucario is meh. He gets killed by characters with swords and range.
Then again who needs a kill move if you can whack people from one side of the screen to the next and STILL GET BACK ON THE STAGE?

I can see people playing metaknight a-la marth but instead of stopping at the edge just keep going till they are off the screen and head right on freaking back...

I bet though some good DI can get you out of it...But I can see him being more trouble to fight then most other characters.

denisuki~

Smash Rookie
You're saying that like no other character could do that before.

Why don't you wait to play the **** game before judging who's the best?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
he's fast and has good recovery, but he's too darn weak and lightweight to be the "best"

Honestly, from what I've seen, Zelda and Dedede both look MUCH better than him. He looks like he'll rule the SSE stamina matches... but otherwise I see him high teir at best... no way is he top... he might not even make high

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Then again who needs a kill move if you can whack people from one side of the screen to the next and STILL GET BACK ON THE STAGE?

I can see people playing metaknight a-la marth but instead of stopping at the edge just keep going till they are off the screen and head right on freaking back...

I bet though some good DI can get you out of it...But I can see him being more trouble to fight then most other characters.
he would get owned by other floaters if he tried that... I'm pretty sure jiggly's aerials still out prioritize him... and unless they have high damage, he ain't hitting hard enough to keep 'em away... I'm just not seeing to dang much that's impressive about Meta Knight...

and, denisuki~, let people speculate, or shut-up and go to the spoiler free zone... since the NON spoiler zone is inherently going to be talking about the game from what we can see from imported videos

Edit:
anyway, I intend on being able to play this game within a day, if that, so I'll be able to tell you stuff about the characters.... I'm a jiggly mainer, and my friend who will have it likes meta knight, and is better than me, so I'll let you know how our epic aerial assaults go.

Staco

Smash Champion
metakngith and noob freindly? stupid idiot, to play mk good you have to make a lot of counters
without items he is nothing with noob friendly!!!!!!
so shut up, idiot

but I dont think he is the ultimate master character
other characters will be good, too

but dont say he is to light weight to be the best
look for fox
wasnt fox one of the best in ssbm?
and look his weight in ssm, its miserable, too!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
metakngith and noob freindly? stupid idiot, to play mk good you have to make a lot of counters
so shut up, idiot

look for fox
but fox had reliable KO moves and moved across the stage with blazing speed... metaknight does neither...

... at least, I think that's a valid response to what you said... I can't really understand anything that you typed

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
You don't know alot about Lucario. Because his moves, and stats were basically made to **** to Metaknight. Don't believe me? Go to the Lucario subforum and look at the threads.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
so shut up, idiot

look for fox
Don't call someone an idiot if you can barely form a proper sentence. :bee:

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
I suppose you're going to want a more in depth reason why I say this. Because Lucario's recovery is amazing. He's a lil' floaty, but his up b is fast, and has pretty good range. Also, he has a wall cling, and unlike Metaknight, he has moves with KO potential and can rack up damage. I still love Metaknight and am gonna play with him, but he really needs KO moves, because with him being such a light weight he needs to rack up way to much damage in order to get the KO. He'll be amazing in FFA, but in 1v1 unless he gets a real heavy weight he's in trouble.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Having played Meta Knight a few days my input on him is that he is FAR inferior to Pit.

A few reasons:

He lacks a projectile
He lacks an anti-projectile
He doesn't have a good KO move

Pit has all of these things along with better weight and recovery.
Just my 2 cents

chimpxstyle

Smash Cadet
I have to agree with Doomgaze and dantemasta on this. Meta Knight is great at comboing but his only 2 kill moves so far are very very difficult to hit. He is pretty good in teams if you play him with a power character though.

Staco

Smash Champion
Don't call someone an idiot if you can barely form a proper sentence. :bee:
sry that I am not american <<
omgplz

oh, and his good combos are for make high damage and kill opponents at higher damage
would he have very good killing moves he would be overpowered and kill everyone ultraeasy

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
From what I've seen, of the aerial characters:
Jigglypuff, Kirby, Pit, Charizard, Dedede, Metaknight, Peach

Metaknight shows they least dominance in the air... so there's a list of several charcters that will shoot any of his egeguarding ot peices... and lucario, its true, will likely blaze by him too.

Metaknight simply can't kill things... he needs a FFA or a team battle to hope to excell, otherwise he's mediocre.

Well to me Meta Knight seems like a mix of Marth and Kirby. I don't think he'll be that bad at 1 versus 1 matches. And even if he is, I'm sure a dedicated player will be able to dominate with him after enough practice. And that's exactly what I plan to do.

Staco

Smash Champion
edgeguarding <<
or were bowser and ganondorf and other heavy characters good in melee
mostly edgeguarders are very good <<
and if mk would have more hit power he would be ultra mega super blatser master top tier and definetly be the ebst :p
no character can have all very very ver ygood (weight, power, speed, combo ability, good moves)
and metaknight has got speed, combo
ike as example has got weight power

thats the fact!

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Edgeguarding is a lot more difficult to pull off now for many reasons.

The fact of the matter is still that MK doesn't provide the same KO ability that other air characters can provide, thus making him less viable. I don't find him good in FFA at all because his great combos are always disturbed by somebody else. Or if trying to KO vertically, when MK enters fall state after UP+B he's sorta vulnerable.

Those things aside, MK is a very fun character to play and I will continue to play him unless the balance widens even more (which is likely).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
edgeguarding <<
or were bowser and ganondorf and other heavy characters good in melee
mostly edgeguarders are very good <<
and if mk would have more hit power he would be ultra mega super blatser master top tier and definetly be the ebst :p
no character can have all very very ver ygood (weight, power, speed, combo ability, good moves)
and metaknight has got speed, combo
ike as example has got weight power

thats the fact!
ganondorf was very good in melee. in fact, he ranked higher than jiggly... whowas queen of the off the edge KOs

but doomgaze is right on here... without KOing ability, MK cannot excell... he simply can't win if he can't kill his enemy... granted, he has a plethora of options for returning to the stage which makes him hard to kill on stages with large off-the-stage portions, but, even so, he's outclassed by characters that can actually KO their enemies.

He's fun to play, to be sure, though I have a feeling that I will prefer jiggs still once she's unlocked but fun-to-play doesn't mean good... and being so lightweight and weak tends to mean bad.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Who cares he has no KO power? Its his only noticable weakness that can be overcome by good edguarding or racking damage to over 200% wich is quite easy with him. I will play Meta cause i love this character since i first saw him on my SNES "Kirby Super Star" game.

I think that key to playing a good Meta would be using all his moves and specials to fool the oponent. He has so many multi hit moves that can throw the enemy off balance. His Mach Tornado is an anti projectile so he has those covered + it moves really fast and he can use it to recover.

Anyways Meta by all means wont be bad in the game. And from what ivee seen and heard, i can tell that there wont be CLEARLY bad character. Some maybe better, some less advantegeous but all kinda ballanced.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
These kind of threads really is the reason why many people think Meta ISN'T good. If a person is going to claim that a character is broken, they better have more in depth info.

I do agree with a lot of these points, even if they are incredibly poorly presented.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
1. He didn't do a Shuttle Loop out of a Glide... He Shuttle Looped-Glided, and then got hit, and then he did another Shuttle Loop-glide. There's a difference. When you're hit, you can still use your Recovery Special again...

And the other time I think he was gliding from a jump, and then Shuttle Looped. Jump glides probly don't have fallspecial

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
meta is ok but pit has better recovery idk bout pits sword little range also if done right u can get trapped in pits attack were he goe ananananananann and rack up big damage i seen in a vid he got a person from like 10% to 115% so i think top tier would be pit but meta prolly high-med but deadly in the right hands ie gimpy with bowser

Top Bottom