• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight AT: Dimensional Trumping

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
The title pretty much says what the tech is: ledge trumping with Dimensional Cape. However, only a few characters have means of ledge trumping with specials. Diddy can ledge trump with Rocketbarrels, and ZSS can trump with Flip Jump (the latter being much safer when missed). A demonstration can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCBXXBwDGiE&feature=youtu.be

Here are some tips to master it.

1. You must be positioned perfectly

Your positioning matters most on this. To make this easier, go on the omega version of Suzaku Castle and be five floorboards away from the post. However, this will work on any stage with platforms matching that length. Anything further and you will either fall off and die or miss the ledge entirely.

2. Roll your joystick

For some reason it goes a further distance when you flick the joystick in a direction when warping, so just roll your joystick towards the ledge.

3. Don't even bother with any other distance

Yes, you can alter the distance of DC, but I don't recommend it because it just works better to go the max distance (at least for me anyway).

4. Use this as a mindgame

You can use this for ledge trumping, but I recommend using this as a mindgame rather than a tool for ledge trumping since MK's down b is already a great move for mindgames anyway. Try running up to an opponent and use down b towards the ledge to play tricks on your opponent.

One last tip: like with all mindgames and ATs, DON'T SPAM IN NEUTRAL.

Last edited:

HYP

Smash Rookie
NNID
hypster0628
Switch FC
SW-1631-9283-6619
Thank you very much! I look forward to trying this more in-depth later, was very tricky at first.

EleH

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbguy13
3DS FC
3136-7287-8530
Underrated thread.

This is cool stuff bruh, I've been using this tech since Brawl.

Because of the ledge mechanics being overhauled, I really think that Meta Knight players should look into this again. It's great for mindgames like you said, and not only that, you can get free % or a KO with it too. Plus it's flashy, gotta love that flashy.

(Just a note, you can increase the distance by short hopping it before heading toward the ledge.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom