• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Menu Flubs and Stage Freezing

trombonophone99

Smash Cadet
NNID
trombonophone99
I downloaded the hackless full version onto a PNY "2GB" SD card (I've heard that PNY cards are actually 4GB and mislabeled). I tried installing it onto two seperate cards and both of them share similar symptoms. Here are the menus that appear in order:
  • PM Main title screen.
  • PM Main Menu
  • >Go to training for example
  • PM character select
  • PM stage select
  • PM Stage
So everything is normal. Sometimes the music will randomly speed up on character select however.

Now when I exit training mode, I see the...
  • PM Character Select
  • >Backs out of character select
  • Converts to Brawl menus.
  • >Goes back into training mode.
  • PM Character Select
  • PM Stage Select
  • Brawl stage and freezes before the "READY" finishes.
And I tested this on my wii and wiiu, they both shared similar symptoms. Now my Brawl disc is rather old, so that might be a factor. However, if the bit about the SD cards' GB values being mislabeled is true, than that would definitely be the problem.

I'd just like a bit of professional input before I spend anymore money.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Try formatting the SD card, and clean-reinstalling clean-reinstalling (download again, and reinstall).
Make sure to uncheck "quick format", and back up any important data first.
If PM is actually loading, the SD cards themselves are fine.

Last edited:

trombonophone99

Smash Cadet
NNID
trombonophone99
Then that means the only other possible cause is my brawl disc. Thank you, when I get another one (maybe I'll test with a friend's disc first) I'll report the results back here.

Top Bottom