• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mentality problems

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
So I feel I have peaked, within my friend group I was the one who use to destroy people but now I struggle against everyone. There are players who constantly get the best of me (especially one marth I play against). I have tried different characters, putting on try hard music, playing more relaxed and screwing around and nothing is working. I also went from being on point with my tech to slipping up more and more. If I slip up one or twice in a game, especially early, its gg for the rest of the day, similar to m2k (even the head shaking). I constantly screw up and noticed that I no longer had the "love of the game" that I use to. Does this mean that I should consider quitting? Or is there anything I can do?

bboss

Smash Journeyman
So I feel I have peaked, within my friend group I was the one who use to destroy people but now I struggle against everyone. There are players who constantly get the best of me (especially one marth I play against). I have tried different characters, putting on try hard music, playing more relaxed and screwing around and nothing is working. I also went from being on point with my tech to slipping up more and more. If I slip up one or twice in a game, especially early, its gg for the rest of the day, similar to m2k (even the head shaking). I constantly screw up and noticed that I no longer had the "love of the game" that I use to. Does this mean that I should consider quitting? Or is there anything I can do?
i went through this phase a couple of months ago. Nothing was working; i would switch characters to no avail, and i was no longer happy playing PM. However I got through the phase in a couple of months and am back to OK now.
Something I did was switch to playing fast characters like Fox and mainly Falcon; they gave me a sense of accomplishment when I played / moved well and smoothly, and i felt good even when i lost, knowing I played well.
Couple of things I do mentally. One is to get myself into a mentality that I love playing this game (which i do), but it is good to reassure yourself. Another is to tell myself i am really really good, and sometimes it works.
vs marth just play fox. seriously. di slightly behind on uthrow and then tech away, and just shdl him to death.
Don't quit man. I have considered quitting PM many times and have decided not to every time.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
You can't play this game against other humans without having your techniques down-pat, or else you'll just embarrass yourself. I'd say go back to grinding and try again later.

Top Bottom