• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tribute Fighter, Travis Touchdown, Professor E-Gadd and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
So, I am relatively new to the forums. I am unsure of where to post this, but I wanted to get my thoughts out there and if the mods need to move my text to another thread, please feel free to do so.

Below is a list of what I think are potential playable characters that I have been wanting in the game. I have included some sample abilities, but by no means have I established a full moveset. These are up for debate and I would love your input.

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Touchdown has a BEAM SWORD guys. I know Shulk has overshadowed him at this point, but I think this Wii exclusive character is a no-brainer.

A "Triple Threat" Team: The Chorus Boys OR The Elite Beat Agents (Rhythm Heaven / Elite Beat Agents)
There has been discussion over The Chorus Boys making an appearance in the final game or as DLC (which is a rumor that has been negated on this forum), but I have yet to see any mention of another moderately successful music/rhythm game on the DS that happens to feature another set of three. Ideally, I think Agent J would be the ideal leader of the group, because he is featured on the box art and in all promotional material, but there is the opportunity for costume changes to Agent Spin, Chieftan or the Elite Beat Divas. Perhaps even Commander Kahn can be his own hidden character...

Professor E-Gadd (Luigi's Mansion, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
I know Luigi's final smash uses the Poltergeist 3000, but I think E-Gadd would have an interesting moveset, bashing people with the vacuum of the machine for his A moves and sucking as a standard B. I can see the screen shot now, Kirby and E-Gadd side-by-side, sucking with their respective B moves. Ah, Sakurai, make my dreams come true...

Melee Tribute Fighter (Super Smash Bros.)
Bear with me on this one, but if there was a Pokemon Trainer style character that could sub out Dr. Mario, Roy and Mewtwo, there's a chance it could work. Of course, the Down B would be missing from each of these characters' movesets, but those can be re-tooled, as many moves have been for this game.

The Mayor (Pikmin 2)
This may seem like a joke, but I would be giddy if they added The Mayor as a character. He wouldn't be a clone character. In fact, I don't think he should command Pikmin at all, but instead have moves based on money and various objects you can find in the Pikmin series. Final Smash: Make It Rain! (Gold coins come flying down from the sky.)

Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
I think if we can have Toon Link, we should have Tetra. She is spunky and could potentially have some different moves than Zelda/Sheik.

Ms. PAC-MAN (Ms. PAC-MAN)
Once again, if we have PAC-MAN, I don't see how we can't license the female counterpart. At least give it to us as an alternate costume.

Tails, Knuckles, etc. (Sonic Series)
People have talked enough about more Sonic characters making an appearance, so I won't dwell, but there's definitely potential there.

Paper Mario (Paper Mario Series)
"Oh, but he's a clone!" WRONG! The Paper Mario series capitalized on a lot that was wonky with the Mario RPG style, sometimes even making fun of Nintendo's former wrongdoings, but turned it into something with fan appeal and its own, unique voice. The party members were all unique and stylized. And of course, Mario has a ton of killer paper-themed moves, such as paper airplane, scissors and let us not forget the infamous hammer! Especially considering that Nintendo just released another Paper Mario title on the 3DS (incidentally, with Bowser Jr. as a primary villain), it's very possible he will appear. At the very least, can we get a Paper Mario: Sticker Star stage for 3DS and, even more hopeful, the Shadow Queen as an assist trophy? Think about it.

Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg)
I never played this GC title, but it had a following, at least for a while. People may have forgotten about it by now, but he's an original, Nintendo exclusive character and I would hate to see him overlooked.

Agnès Oblige (Bravely Default)
Still haven't gotten around to trying Bravely Default, but there are four playable characters to choose from in that game. If one should make it, we need another female rep. Although Nintendo is making good in the women department. (Rosalina, Lucina, Palutena, etc.)

Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
A Wii exclusive. He might just be another swordfighter, but he's got a killer whip.

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Much speculation about this one. She may be deemed "too inappropriate" but that didn't stop Sakurai from adding a booty-shorts costume for Zero Suit Samus.

Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass)
This game is in desperate need of villains and if they're waiting this long to announce Gannondorf, they may as well bring Vaati into the mix. He's got cool dark moves that rival Metaknight and since Skull Kid has been announced as an assist, this is kind of all the hope left for another Zelda villain.

Porky (Earthbound, Mother 3)
Another villain. He could ride around in his mechanical suit or use that for his final smash. Point is, his moveset would be different from Ness and Lucas because he is a boss character. Also, he appeared on Brawl, if that helps his cause.

Duck Hunt Dog (Duck Hunt)
You've heard this one before. Yadda, yadda. He'd be a fun quirk character, though. Kind of like R.O.B. in Brawl.

Dig Dug (Dig Dug)
Nintendo may have exhausted a lot of their budget on PAC-MAN, but I think this guy is way cooler. I grew up on he and PAC-MAN. One of those joysticks that you plug into the TV with five or so retro games on it. One of my favorite toys.

Petey Piranha (Super Mario Sunshine)
He was a boss in Brawl, but if they scaled him down in size, he could be a powerhouse like Bowser. Plus, as I mentioned, this game is severely lacking in villains.

Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright Series)
Yes, he was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Yes, he is licensed to Capcom. Yes, he is not a typical "fighter". However, all of his games have been for Nintendo systems (excluding the recent iOS releases). Don't you think Nintendo might have some stock in bringing him on board?

Alucard (Castlevania Series)
I mean, who wouldn't want to play as Dracula? And the original Castlevania, after being released on primitive PC's for the time, debuted on a Nintendo system. Again, licensing, but Nintendo is already stretching themselves out, so it's always possible.

Ravio (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)
A major stretch, especially considering that Nintendo would jump on the Nabbit train before going with this guy. But he's still interesting enough to make him at the very least an assist trophy who gives out items.

Derek Stiles & Angie (Trauma Center Series)
They'd have to license from Atlus, but Trauma Center has only ever been on the DS and ported to the Wii to take advantage of touch / wiimote controls. I couldn't tell you what his moveset would look like, but he could probably bring some GUILT into the mix.

Krystal OR Slippy Toad (Star Fox Series)
Enough people want Krystal, but I think Slippy Toad would be hilarious. Maybe he's the one character in the game who trips.

Luneth (Final Fantasy III)
This game had a port on the DS when it initially came out. If Square-Enix won't license Sora, maybe they can give a little and let at least one of the four main protagonists make an appearance. Although the "faceless fighter" slot has already been given to The Villager, so I can't say my hopes are high.

I might've missed a few, but that is my working list. Also, it's late and my brain is foggy. Thoughts on this? Any other characters that realistically you would like to see?

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Melee Tribute Fighter would be cool except I don't think it's likely at all because Sakurai took out transformations.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I like the Wreck-It Ralph avi. That said; that's the only good thing about this thread. If you think a character is cool; you should go support them in their thread, or make one if they don't already have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom