• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE smashfest Greenville, SC August 10th (venue change)

Ja

Smash Journeyman
Date changed to August 10th

I'm hosting a melee smashfest this coming sunday in the game room at LakeSide Housing in Furman. If there's a decent turnout I will probably host a melee tournament. It is large and has a pimp TV, plus other stuff. You want to come.

Out of staters, and people from Columbia are welcome to sleep over. I can't guarauntee anything beyond the couch and the floor, but I'll see about having the unoccupied rooms opened.

I'd like everyone to either bring a setup, or some sort of snack food/drink. That way there's snack stuff. Ideally I'd like a setup for every other person, but bring what you can. If you are bringing food/drinks, say what you're bringing so we don't end up with some stupid situation where 8 people bring drinks. I'll provide a set and cups, napkins etc.

Also, please don't bring alcohol or drugs. Personally I don't care, but Furman is officially a dry campus, and I'd rather not risk anything. There is no porch, but you can head outside. Don't smoke indoors in what is basically a windowless basement.

TRC $5 MM as incentive for you to come. Best of 3 ;)

Address:
3300 Poinsett Highway, Greenville, SC
LakeSide Game room

Furman should be fairly easy to find, lots of signs and stuff. Anyways, once you're in Furman's traffic circle you take the road to the left of McAlister Auditorium that goes past it. If you did this correctly there will be 2 large parking lots to both sides. At the bottom of the hill take the road with the sign that says "Dining Hall". From here you want the 2nd left. You're here!

Take a 10min parking slot. You shouldn't get a ticket, but if you're worried I can show you better places. I have to let you in so you need to call me when you arrive. I can then show you to the game room.

If you get lost or anything my cell is 704-942-6427

When:
August 9th, 3pm until sleep time.

Suggested stuff to bring:
Setup or food/drink
Controller
Cushion/chair

Guest List:
TRC
Scha
Ciez
Ciez'z friend
Ciez's other friend
Shugy
Kidd

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I'll be there, try as much as I can to. MM sounds nice, tourney rules I'd imagine? :D

I will try and bring who I can, though hardly anyone will play Melee anymore (boo)

I can bring cube/melee/etc but not a TV unfortunately.

MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ja

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there, try as much as I can to. MM sounds nice, tourney rules I'd imagine?
Yes standard tourney rules, you know hyrule temple only, all items on high, bonus mode 8 minutes. :laugh:

Being serious though, tourney rules. 8 min. time limit, 4 stocks, counterpicks, blah blah.

MELEE will never DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
For serious. People need to get pumped for this thing and SC needs to stop being little girls and stop only trying to play brawl. Nowadays people need to get any melee where they can get. As of now there is a possibility I might stop by but don't know if i'll be playing or not.

BTW
BUMP!

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Scha STFU lol Brawl is sexy. At any rate I'll make a point to make this. YOU HEAR THAT TRC I'LL BE THAR.

Ja

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to help with this but it all depends if you want to come and pick up a setup from my house. I can hand over a cube and a small and just pick them up when I stop by.
Sounds good, when should I stop by?

If anyone is interested in buying a small portable (or a large) TV, I know a pawnshop that is very close to me and sells them. It's where I got mine. It would about $20 to $30.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I'm going to suck really bad btw guys lol. I'll play some but I'm mainly coming to hang out and watch, I am GARBAGE now. I am 110% retired from melee.

Ja

Smash Journeyman
venue change

La la la la.
You know you want to!

I still play Melee some but I haven't played another human in months : (
If you ever want to play some Melee just hit me up, I'm always game.

Okay so they are kicking everyone out of their apartments this weekend so it can't be there. BUT I found a much much better venue. It has a large *** tv, a pool table, foosball, air hockey, and plenty of good chairs. The venue is the game room in Lakeside housing. I've updated the OP with new directions and stuff.

Also we need 2 cubes, and 3 copies of melee.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Okay so I am coming... alone. I was having debates with various people but nobody is coming with. Whatever I'll smash all day just need to bring my eye drops lol

Should get there around 3-4ish. I will probably get lost and call you. **** near guaranteed.

Bringing set up
bringing my no-practice self
bringing joy

Ryzol is great for doing this, no matter what the turn out <3

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Expect me around 4pm or so. I ate something last night and I'm feeling very sick so I'm waiting for it to pass. :(

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
So what the **** happened here?

I mean, hanging out with Ryzol was fun... But uh, where was everyone else? Err...

I seem to remember this being called a SMASHFEST not a "TRC goes to play with Ryzol" fest...

So. Where was everyone? Kidd, where was 4pm? Did anybody's family members die or something? Or did we just decide "nah I'm not going to that thing"

as Wes would say about Georgia after his first tourney back from UK when nobody showed up... "is this a state of *******?"

Congrats, SC. You just reminded me why SC will always suck.

Since nobody bothered to come let me explain how good the venue was. The room would be so perfect for a tournament... Too bad we would only have two people show up, you know? rofl SC sucks

people excused from this : Yay, cause I told him I wasn't going before and then changed my mind and tried to call him etc but was too late.

Ryzol and Scha - good seeing you two, you guys keep rockin till next time <3

So really. This is why SC sucks. There is officially no Melee here anymore. Have fun with your Brawl ***gotry, **** it. Good luck tripping and all that

Ja

Smash Journeyman
SC sucks

Kidd, I see you are pulling your usual no shows and blowing people off. Gl with brawl, I hope you can actually manage to attend online tournaments.

Trevis/Shugy, Go *** yourself. I specificially changed the date so YOU could show, and you didn't. This kinda fcked with Scha, but you said you would definitely be here, so I thought well anything to get new/lesser known people involved is good. Next time I'll cater to the people who give a ****. Try not failing.

Ciez, I got some weird IM that I don't fully understand. I'll withold judgement, but I highly suspect you pussied out.

TRC, Good stuff. Glad you came. Next time I will host a TRC-Ryzolfest, no ******* allowed.

Scha- Glad you could make it. Falcon dittos are too good. Thanks again for the TVs, it's a shame we didn't need them. We need to do something whenever we're both in Greenville.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I apologize, it was a decision of me being sick all over my toilet or someone elses. i got progressively worse over the day and didnt go due to my condition. I understand your angry feelings but please know that it wasnt anything personal to anyone here. No need to flame on and hurt me like that... :[. **** happens...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
It's just a healthy reminder that this state will never go anywhere in anything.

Furman has a beautiful campus. I'm going back to see Ryzol sometime as an excuse to take pictures :D

You guys missed out. We still managed to have an awesome time, cause well, we're awesome.

the SC power rankings now look like
1. TRC and Ryzol
2. Everyone else.

<3

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
How come every time something like this comes up in Greenville it's in the summer or winter. :p Oh, well. If you have any more of these smash sessions during the fall or spring I'll try to come down.

Top Bottom