• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee player, just making the change.

Herkimer

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my name is Herkimer, ive played melee for years, and n64. I used to be fairly competitive as a player.
I mained puff, loved her edge abilities and even the surprise 20% KOs with rest. Hungrybox was actually the guy who kept me playing melee.

but anyway, im just switching to Brawl, i live in eastern KY and a lot of the KY tournies and Ohio events are based on Brawl, (minus some melee events in Cincy or columbus everyone once in a while). But im wanting to make the switch and starting playing hardcore again.

Ive been reading up on some things, and found out that they nerfed puffs rest, and some other things about her :( so is she still worth playing? like at a high level? or is she easily delt with?

If not, who in this game is a lot similar to her, or someone who has some similar mechanics, good airials , strong suprise moves, decent edge guarding.

Any advice or notes would be amazing, im really excited about the change, ive been wanting to get back into it for a while now, so let me know what you guys think! thanks!

Herk

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If you think she is weak, up to you to decide weither you will stick with her being low tier o not since it's a personal thing.

Closest character that plays like her is Wario.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Wario and Meta Knight play fairly similar; but she's rather horrid in competition.

cronnix

Smash Rookie
i live in ky and play as jigglypuff to :jigglypuff: but all i ever did on melee was beat my friends and my area was rather late to getting Broadband.
so i just recently started playing on wiifii.
you can keep using puff if you think shes worthy but is there enough room in KY for 2 puffs!

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
MK and Wario.

If you want to win, you're gonna have to change your main. If you're out there to embarrass people that they lost to a Jigglypuff, then keep your main. If you love Jigglypuff and want to still be competitive, Keep with Jiggly puff but have a great secondary character who can counter pick Jigglypuff's bad match ups.

Top Bottom