• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Melee: Hitbox Randomizer | I need alpha testers!!!

drewlith

Smash Rookie
Hello! I’m drewlith a smasher from central Illinois, otherwise known as “Mouse” in some circles. I do a lot of software development in my spare time and I decided to start work on a fully featured randomizer for melee!

Currently, the randomizer has 4 modes: Shuffled, Shuffled Balanced, Random, and Random Balanced. Shuffled modes will take all the moves in the game and shuffle and redistribute them. Random will take every move and replace their properties with random ones. Balanced modes will keep moves relatively similar to their vanilla power level. The goal is for it to be both chaotic and competitive!

I’m currently in need of playtesters! The project is pretty far along and basically we just need to debug it before moving into beta and making the project public. Currently, you can generate a unique seed and play multiplayer over Slippi by sharing a flagset string with your friends, which is generated by the randomizer app.

For more information and if you want to lend a helping hand or just have fun playing with friends, please take a look at our discord server: https://discord.gg/2bC5xNk9pp

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback! Discord is the best way to get ahold of me. Thanks for your interest in Melee: Hitbox Randomizer!

Top Bottom