• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Falco vs Brawl Falco

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice
So, I've been hearing many people on smashboards say that Falco has to be one of the best characters in Brawl, just like in Melee. Thing is, does anybody here think that Falco has as much potential as he did in Melee?

In my honest opinion, I say not. I used Falco as my main in Melee, and I must say that Falco doesn't really feel right in this game. I'm not sure why; maybe I'm just too used to Melee Falco or something. Still, I think that Melee Falco has much more advantages than Brawl Falco, such as the SHL Approach, Pillar, better Shine, and other stuff like that.

Yeah, so I'm just asking for your opinions.

RickettsZ22

Smash Cadet
You just have to find the new stuff that he can do, he can do some pillarling like things, but you could say what you said for alot of characters that are in brawl from melee, its a different kind of game suited for what they did to the characters

Muad'Dib

Smash Rookie
Melee Falco to Brawl Falco is like compaing apples to oranges. They're two different things, but stand out respectively. No Brawl falco doesn't have the same feel or the same shine combos, but comparatively in Brawl, he has great potential relative to the other characters.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
In my honest opinion, I say not. I used Falco as my main in Melee, and I must say that Falco doesn't really feel right in this game. I'm not sure why; maybe I'm just too used to Melee Falco or something. Still, I think that Melee Falco has much more advantages than Brawl Falco, such as the SHL Approach, Pillar, better Shine, and other stuff like that.

I can agree to a lot of things.

Brawl Falco has his SHL and Pillars hurt, but in return he gains SHDL as a very good (yet slower) spacing and approach move. His Pillar is not as effective but gets the job done if planned correctly.

But...

His Shine IMO is now better suited outside of just used for linking combos in Melee. In Brawl, its good spacer, anti-approach move, better reflector move, but sadly is hella slow.

Falco's new move set so far has out done itself. Its new Utilt is better for anti-aerials and better suited for comboing from moves such as Dairs, Upsmash(low %) or Dtilts.

His nair may not be a sex kick anymore like Fox's nair, but it is still a very useful 4-hit approach move that is lagless and a combo set up.

Sure he is not the same anymore and it can be awkward if you were a Falco Main in Melee much like myself, but if you try to put the effort into it, Falco in Brawl will be your best friend.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Brawl is completely different game, the absence of pillaring, shine combos, etc. doesn't matter. Those things worked well with Melee since Melee actually had combos and faster moving characters. Brawl is more campy and slower paced.
When you look at all of the returning characters from Melee...who's the best out of all of them? Oh wait, that's Falco (second either G&W or Fox) and is considered to be Top Tier. He's one of the only characters that can chaingrab, and he does it on more characters then DDD. He can also KO off it if near the edge of a stage. Despite the fact his lasers have less stun, they're still very useful for camping and restoring diminished moves. Just like in Melee, he's still a very hard character to hit if played well and he still has great KOing options in general. He's recovery was also buffed massively and he has a new toy called the Laserlock :p

He's basically adapted for Brawl gameplay now, however, more then any other character who was in Melee.
He's more of a beast now, end of story. You people have to stop saying "but he can combo and stuff in Melee. All of those cool shine techinques, blah blah". Come on now, WHO STILL HAS MASSIVE COMBOS? Fox lost them, Marth lost them, even Sheik. Sure, Melee Falco would kick Brawl Falco's ***, but so would Mewtwo and Roy lol. Please consider the changes from both games as a whole rather just one character vs his counterpart 1 to 1.

Example, CFalcon is better in Melee then he was in Smash64. But in Smash64 he had numerous death combos which were almost always guaranteed. Thing is, the other characters in the game placed above him were simply better at it them him and more. In Melee, he's the 2nd best out of the returning cast. He lost all of his easy death combos...but was he worst? No, the new CFalcon was simply more fit for Melee. Melee was faster and more based on mindgames, CFalcon was proven to be a very mindgame rewarding character with incredible speed. He also was simply ranked better in Melee then N64.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
NJzFinest speaks the truth. Don't compare the games, because they are two very different entities.

Top Bottom