• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

megaman at high lvl competetive play, can't get through opp powershielding

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
no joke. i've been playing against a high lvl ness player, and he's been powershielding my projectile spam, or rolling away from me to follow up. i usually have no problems with this, but ive noticed that any opp that powershields me long enough makes my game bad, and it demoralizes me. what moves are safe to use expecting your opp to powershield?

I like megaman, but i feel you have to be very precise with him, and the lag in for glory irritates me, when im a frame late.

the problems im having is megaman's landing lag and his start up lag in some moves. i like playing agressive with megaman, but there are some ppl i play with that go agressive and defensive and are highly skilled. they powershield alot, so maybe i need to grab more? idkkkkkkkkk. i'm getting burnt out as a megaman player and ive been playing since the 3ds :(

p.s. i picked up a luigi, and im jealous how little lag his start ups and end moves are >.<

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Yea this can be frustrating. Try going on for grabs with leaf shield and mixing it up with lemons. If he lets you keep spamming him just keep doing it. Eventually he will slip up.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
I compete with Megaman only at a high-ish level. You should be more threatening with the metal blade, in waiting to throw it when they commit to something that could lead to them getting hit.

If you forward glidetoss your blade, you can treat it like diddys blocked banana where you just run up and throw them. That leads to mixups where you can do a short hop fair, dash attack, or even just wait for a response.

Short hop single lemons work too. It keeps them at bay, and running up into throws when the are expecting another projectile is actually really effective if you can establish that you will refuse to stop using projectiles no matter how much they block them.

Jumping in and out with single pellets is so good at dealing with this. Just be patient, and pressure them after you land a throw.

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
90% of the trick to megaman is learning at what spacing you can get a followup if your metalblade hits, and if you will be allowed to throw it at all.

Lebrawlski

Smash Rookie
I've had a bit of an issue like yours. One thing that I've noticed is that if you are getting juggled, or up B to avoid a fast opponent, you can Leaf Shield to reduce landing lag. From there, you can either short hop throw the leaf shield or rush up and grab. For Ness, grab/pushing/leaf slap sounds a good option, to me.

Top Bottom