• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man's 8 directional blade

RODO

Smash Ace
I was thinking about this and I am confused as to how this would work. How do you throw the blade up, down, left, or right without setting off other specials? One way it could work that my friend mentioned was that it could be his neutral B special. You'd first start by hold down B which wouldn't actually trigger anything yet until you then followed it up with a directional input. Just something I was thinking about. Thoughts?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My guess is that you can't directly throw it straight up or down but you can control the trajectory of the blades... Think Pit's arrows but slower moving.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
When you press B, you quickly press an an angle. I'm pretty sure you will be able to hold it in your hand and then aim it afterwards.

RODO

Smash Ace
Probably the same way every single other angled attack in Smash works.
Just think about the input on the controller or even go to a controller and do some inputs yourself to get a feel for it. It is definitely something that will be different

RODO

Smash Ace
When you press B, you quickly press an an angle. I'm pretty sure you will be able to hold it in your hand and then aim it afterwards.
That would work too. It would be cool to play mind games with people, running around with the blade in hand but never using it lol

RODO

Smash Ace
My guess is that you can't directly throw it straight up or down but you can control the trajectory of the blades... Think Pit's arrows but slower moving.
It should be able to be thrown straight up and down since there are only 8 possible directions to choose from (up, down, left , right, 4 diagonals)

Ongbak

Smash Rookie
It's probably not neutral b considering that he has a charge shot. I was thinking maybe since it's an item you can pick up, it might be kind of like a turnip for Peach that can be thrown differently than normal items. But then again probably not.

RODO

Smash Ace
It's probably not neutral b considering that he has a charge shot. I was thinking maybe since it's an item you can pick up, it might be kind of like a turnip for Peach that can be thrown differently than normal items. But then again probably not.
The charge shot was confirmed to be a forward smash

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I was thinking about this and I am confused as to how this would work. How do you throw the blade up, down, left, or right without setting off other specials? One way it could work that my friend mentioned was that it could be his neutral B special. You'd first start by hold down B which wouldn't actually trigger anything yet until you then followed it up with a directional input. Just something I was thinking about. Thoughts?
Either:

Press B + [insert direction here] and immediately move the joy stick in the direction you want to throw it?

Or

Press B + [same thing] and now it's practically an item in your hands and you input B + [direction inputted] to throw it and while holding it, will not allow you to use any other specials. (Or maybe it's pulled out as an item you can hold until you wish to throw it)

I don't really know. >_> But those are some idea's.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Likely the first one. I'm picture that it's a very quick input, probably something like B~Up for one direction.

grizby2

Smash Lord
you can most likely hold a direction during the beginning start-up frames of the move, and when it releases, it will be sent in the direction that you were holding.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
He should have 8 special moves and they should all be metal blades so it'll be just like playing Megaman 2.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Yeah I think it's almost certainly going to be the neutral B considering the evidence of other B moves, for example Rush is OBVIOUSLY his Up B and Leaf Shield is probably his down b... And crash bomb can be side b I guess. But yeah metal blade need a small delay to be able to aim it. But the delay shouldn't be too long to stay more faithful to the source material. And upon looking at the developer direct again I'm almost positive that's how they're handling it, because you know it starts up pretty fast XD

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The truth of the matter is that Sakurai lied. Tripping has not been removed from the game. In fact, it is now a core mechanic. Every time you trip it sets increases a variable by 1 mod 8. The value of that variable determines which way items are thrown. For some reason Megama's neutral B is considered an item. Anyway this also explains what Sakurai was talking about being able to customize directionality. You see as you play through the 3ds adventure mode you get the ability to set tripping to occur only a certain number of times, thus causing projectiles to go that direction. First you'll get the ability to set tripping to occur 5 times, which let's you throw left. Then you get the ability to set tripping to happen 3 times allowing you to throw diagonally right up etc. If you then pray to Sakurai hard enough, and dance for his amusement, he may grant you the ability to set tripping to happen 0 times... sadly if you do that you can't throw anything ever. You can then transfer the number of trips you have unlocked, to your wiiu version thus customizing the directionality of items and certain attacks there too.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Megaman's Special Moveset (I Think)

Neutral: Metal Blade
Press B to pull out a blade, quickly press a direction on the analog stick to change the direction you throw the blade, Similarly to Fox's Up Special.

Side: Crash Bomb
Inject your opponent with a giant f#@$#@# drill that buries itself into their skull before exploding. Careful, if your opponent gets near you the bomb will latch onto you!

Up: Rush
Summon your Robot Dawg to give you a lift. All the fun of Sonic's spring with the added sense of deep guilt that comes from sending him plummeting off of the side of the stage into oblivion below.

Down: Leaf Shield
A shield of leaves starts circling megaman, protecting him from harm, press up, down, left or right to send the leaves in the direction you press.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Megaman's Special Moveset (I Think)

Neutral: Metal Blade
Press B to pull out a blade, quickly press a direction on the analog stick to change the direction you throw the blade, Similarly to Fox's Up Special.

Side: Crash Bomb
Inject your opponent with a giant f#@$#@# drill that buries itself into their skull before exploding. Careful, if your opponent gets near you the bomb will latch onto you!

Up: Rush
Summon your Robot Dawg to give you a lift. All the fun of Sonic's spring with the added sense of deep guilt that comes from sending him plummeting off of the side of the stage into oblivion below.

Down: Leaf Shield
A shield of leaves starts circling megaman, protecting him from harm, press up, down, left or right to send the leaves in the direction you press.
Don't even get me started on the leaf shield. Since it only has 4 directions and everything is supposed to have eight it gets considerably more complicated. There are a few ways to determine the direction, but the simplest way I know of involves wavedashing at least 3 times and sending Sakurai a personal thank you note. And he knows if you mean it too... he just knows.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The truth of the matter is that Sakurai lied. Tripping has not been removed from the game. In fact, it is now a core mechanic. Every time you trip it sets increases a variable by 1 mod 8. The value of that variable determines which way items are thrown. For some reason Megama's neutral B is considered an item. Anyway this also explains what Sakurai was talking about being able to customize directionality. You see as you play through the 3ds adventure mode you get the ability to set tripping to occur only a certain number of times, thus causing projectiles to go that direction. First you'll get the ability to set tripping to occur 5 times, which let's you throw left. Then you get the ability to set tripping to happen 3 times allowing you to throw diagonally right up etc. If you then pray to Sakurai hard enough, and dance for his amusement, he may grant you the ability to set tripping to happen 0 times... sadly if you do that you can't throw anything ever. You can then transfer the number of trips you have unlocked, to your wiiu version thus customizing the directionality of items and certain attacks there too.

What the hell did I just read.

RODO

Smash Ace
Where did you get this from? Can I have a link please? (if serious :p)

peeup

Smash Lord
Where did you get this from? Can I have a link please? (if serious :p)
"Then if you pray to Sakurai hard enough, and dance for his amusement, he may grant you the ability to set tripping to happen 0 times... sadly if you do that you can't throw anything ever."

Yep, he's serious. I remember seeing that in an E3 interview, don't have the link tho.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Mumbles, you're one of the classier trolls I've ever come across. =P

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Mumbles, you're one of the classier trolls I've ever come across. =P
Eh, I found a monocle. I had two choices, become classier or become British. I don't like tea so the choice was obvious.

EDIT: And I don't play EVE online, so I wasn't murdered in my sleep for it.

Top Bottom