• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Mains (high scores)

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Originally this was going to be a thread about ranking the mega men. I've changed it to a list of forum members ranked by their anthers ladder ranks.

Post yours to be added. If your rank changes substantially add the rank as a post and I will update it every other week or so.

Master:
Peabnut Bubber Peabnut Bubber (Master III)
Platinum:
Gold:
PwnCall Red Shirt KRT Red Shirt KRT (Gold I)
Silver:
Dezmu Dezmu (Silver I)
SSguy (Silver II)
@diamondoctobot (Silver II)
Bronze:

OP
I was looking at possibly making a ranked list of the best mega man players. I know this will be quite hard to do since there are so many people out there. I also think this would be fun to see though! So maybe we can have a discussion and I'll post up who I think and in what order? Add in your list and we can maybe make a master list eventually?

I think we all can agree that Scatt is very high.

1 Scatt

Not super sure on the rest of this order.

2 Greward

3-7?

AetherLight
NoLuck
Smasher1001

Ninja link (haven't seen in a while so not really sure probs doesn't main him anymore)
Zucco (haven't seen in a while/ does still main?)

8-
Funkermonster Funkermonster
@Sleek Media
Dezmu Dezmu
Diamond Octobot Diamond Octobot
Xlvan
PwnCall
Ssguy

I'm sure there are a million better mega mans that I haven't listed.

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
I'm pretty good but it depends on what the criteria is for even being recognized as good or to have anyone agree with me. This is all I can offer right now, until I get off my ass and finish some things I have in the works https://www.youtube.com/link2112

Unless someone wants to fight me and see for themselves : P

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I'm low. Like, really low. I'm not even in any power ranking yet. If we take Smashladder as a reference, I'm Silver II (I think).

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Personally, I haven't been to many tournaments lately and have been MIA where I come from for quite some time now. I did get Top 8 at my last one, but I was unable to finish (got picked up just when I was put in loser's bracket) and had to leave early so I dunno. There are also some techniques I still can't perform (such as DICIT), a lot of bad habits I've yet to break, and some matchups I still do not know/can't play properly. I am a fairly well-respected player in my scene and I've made a few good accomplishments in my lifetime but I still do not feel as though I am a great Mega Man yet and that I've got a ways to go, I consider myself slightly above average at best. Sometimes when watching myself play, I even cringe at my habits and wonder how I get usually get so far in my tournaments

Now that I got my console back yesterday, I will have more time to practice and improve and hopefully I can get more vids in the video thread to make it happen. I do predict that I'll be focusing more on labbing with :4corrin: when he's released though, wanna be the best in my region with him.

Also wouldn't mind fighting some other Mega Men here this weekend and see if I can learn a few things, or perhaps practice the MU with my :4greninja:. There's like only one other good MM besides myself in my region and he lives hella far from me, so I don't get to do this much :p

Also, doesn't Daiki still play Rockman?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I've never liked this topic of discussion.
This. Ranking players is nonproductive and breeds more of a sense of competition than fellowship between people who should be learning from each other. It's also virtually impossible because of all the variables that you have to consider.

also the same crap exists here

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think it would be interesting to see where our fellow mega man players are in terms of skill.

What if we made a list of the mega men that are on the forums and anthers ladder? That would give us some goals to try and be the best on the forums without people having to go 1v1. Abd that way we can eliminate the ambiguity of many of us being in such different regions that are all of different skill levels?

I'll change the OP to anthers ladder mega men. If you want to be included post your rank and name.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
Personally, I haven't been to many tournaments lately and have been MIA where I come from for quite some time now. I did get Top 8 at my last one, but I was unable to finish (got picked up just when I was put in loser's bracket) and had to leave early so I dunno. There are also some techniques I still can't perform (such as DICIT), a lot of bad habits I've yet to break, and some matchups I still do not know/can't play properly. I am a fairly well-respected player in my scene and I've made a few good accomplishments in my lifetime but I still do not feel as though I am a great Mega Man yet and that I've got a ways to go, I consider myself slightly above average at best. Sometimes when watching myself play, I even cringe at my habits and wonder how I get usually get so far in my tournaments

Now that I got my console back yesterday, I will have more time to practice and improve and hopefully I can get more vids in the video thread to make it happen. I do predict that I'll be focusing more on labbing with :4corrin: when he's released though, wanna be the best in my region with him.

Also wouldn't mind fighting some other Mega Men here this weekend and see if I can learn a few things, or perhaps practice the MU with my :4greninja:. There's like only one other good MM besides myself in my region and he lives hella far from me, so I don't get to do this much :p

Also, doesn't Daiki still play Rockman?

How come every time I read something you wrote it's like you took it from my mind haha!

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
In my own opinion and take this with a grain of salt it would be

1st: Scatt
2nd: Nga
3rd: NinjaLink
4th: Zucco

After that it feels like anyones game honestly. But at the end of the day, everyone is Number one to me =D

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh, I was mentioned! I am PR'd 7th in MI currently, but to be fair its through a mix of both mario and mega, as I've been pushing myself to be competent at co-maining both. Making a super solid list of best mega's(or any other char) def isn't easy. One thing I've noticed over time with mega in particular(at least compared to when I watch other marios) Is even if their performance overall is lacking, is that they often have at least 1 particular trick that they seem to have practiced and pull out and I'm always like "woah, I should totally start doing that". Incidentally, that's partially how I've progressed my mega so far :p There is just so many ways to do things with this character, and alot of people have taken different paths, it's interesting to watch!

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Not sure I know you? And probs not the best thread for an introduction lol

Peabnut Bubber

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peabnut124
3DS FC
2449-4746-6273
hi. I'm currently a Master III on Anther's in only 41 completed ranked sets. My name is Peabnut.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Yea I saw that the other day, that is no easy feat, I'm wondering how you would compare with the top megas in the nation? Any notable tourny wins or high player wins?

Peabnut Bubber

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peabnut124
3DS FC
2449-4746-6273
Yea I saw that the other day, that is no easy feat, I'm wondering how you would compare with the top megas in the nation? Any notable tourny wins or high player wins?
I've only been to 4 tournies, all from South Carolina. I've gotten top 8 each time. I got 2nd place at my two most recent tournaments. Lost to ESAM at the first one and then I lost to the #1 ranked SC player in the second one.

edit: I also play using a 3ds, if you were wondering.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I'm trying to see if you or greward is better, tough to tell since he plays in europe, he has similar credentials.

Top Bottom