• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Evolutions?

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I've recently gotten my hands on the models created by 'Nano' and I was wondering. Should the mega evolutions of Charizard, Lucario and Mewtwo be added as alternate costumes in the official release of Project M? They fit so well, and its not out of place or anything, its not a whole new character or anything. Ive created Battle portaits and Selection screen portraits for the mega charizards,(http://sta.sh/2kkaovlct4j?edit=1) (X's portrait my creation, Y's Portrait Image from skin creator) I feel the Megas would make valuable additions to Project M.

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
it was already confirmed that there will be no plans of releasing any mega evolutions as alts.
I wasn't aware, I'm newer to Smash Project M. I guess that means I'll just do it myself ;P Thats the wonderful thing about it, atleast I can manually do it myself, if it's notgoing to be official. Still sucks though, they certainly fit well.

Last edited:

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
I wasn't aware, I'm newer to Smash Project M. I guess that means I'll just do it myself ;P Thats the wonderful thing about it, atleast I can manually do it myself, if it's notgoing to be official. Still sucks though, they certainly fit well.
I STRONGLY agree. THEY should do it! In fact, I also use both Mega X/Y forms of Charizard from Brawlvault (but I was looking for CSP's, so thanks for that link.) I also use Meta Ridley, Dragonite, Rayquaza, and Gyarados.

It'd be awesome if Blastoise and Venusaur were included as different palettes alongside Ivy/Squitle too. I use all 4 with the default Project M Ivy/Squirtle movesets, though I admit their hitboxes are slightly inaccurate, considering the PSA was made for smaller fighters, so I could understand if it's a bit farfetched. Still, the same could be said for Dr. Mario with Mario in one selection slot.

The thing is, Charizard X/Y are practically identical in size to Charizard, so there wouldn't be that issue, and the makers of Char X/Y from Brawlvault included a smaller P:M version identical in size to default Charizard. It's just pure choice on behalf of P:M. Well, that's a bad choice, considering they included all of the random final palettes for many other characters, many of which I do like.

Here's what I don't understand: They say they can't include a Final Smash for Char/Squirt/Ivy because they're still "working on it," and they don't know how. Well they've been working on it for well over a year; Their pkmn youtube videos came out much eariler. COME ON!

Well folks, here's an easy solution:
If they just reverted the Trio back to Pkmn Trainer, but still replaced switching with down Specials, everyone would be happy. Choosing Pkmn from the select screen would be like Brawl, and Gameplay would still be identical to P:M, so new Down Specials would still float everyone's boat, and switching mid-battle would be non-existent or only possible through a taunt.

This was already proven possible from Brawlvault's PSAs, including Samus using a Taunt to transform out of/into ZSuit Samus, "Shine" Link using his Final Smash from a taunt, and DivineOverlord's "Creator of Etereal Blade" (A Marth with 5 movesets, accessed via taunts.) There was even a Squirtle that could use a taunt to pull Pokeballs and Assist Trophies out of his ass!

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a question. WHY? why exactly are the PMBR against the mega evolutions. Through research I've found that they dont want costumes that change who the character is. And I COMPLETLEY understand and agree with that! BUT mega evolutions are not completley different Pokemon, not like regular evolutions. They are simply "enhanced" by steroids you might say ;P But seriously, I mean doing research on Megas just proves its not changing the character to a completley different character. The megas are not classified in the pokedex, except to be shown in a drop down menu in charizards section. Meaning it is STILL Charizard. So if the reasoning for not adding the mega's as costumes has nothing to do with that, then whats the damage?

Last edited:

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a question. WHY? why exactly are the PMBR against the mega evolutions. Through research I've found that they dont want costumes that change who the character is. And I COMPLETLEY understand and agree with that! BUT mega evolutions are not completley different Pokemon, not like regular evolutions. They are simply "enhanced" by steroids you might say ;P But seriously, I mean doing research on Megas just proves its not changing the character to a completley different character. The megas are not classified in the pokedex, except to be shown in a drop down menu in charizards section. Meaning it is STILL Charizard. So if the reasoning for not adding the mega's as costumes has nothing to do with that, then whats the damage?
I believe it is a copy right issue. Something to do with the fact that mega evolutions weren't a thing before Brawl came out makes it legally questionable whether or not they can add said thing to Brawl. I'm not 100% sure that's accurate, but I've heard that.

Regardless, they also said they wanted to avoid backporting things from Smash 4, and since Mega Charizard is not in Brawl and IS in Smash 4, they might get a cease and desist from Nintendo if they add Mega Charizard into an official build of Project M. Since people can always add the costume on their own and it IS just a costume, it's not really worth it for them to risk adding Mega Charizard into an official build of Project M.

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I believe it is a copy right issue. Something to do with the fact that mega evolutions weren't a thing before Brawl came out makes it legally questionable whether or not they can add said thing to Brawl. I'm not 100% sure that's accurate, but I've heard that.

Regardless, they also said they wanted to avoid backporting things from Smash 4, and since Mega Charizard is not in Brawl and IS in Smash 4, they might get a cease and desist from Nintendo if they add Mega Charizard into an official build of Project M. Since people can always add the costume on their own and it IS just a costume, it's not really worth it for them to risk adding Mega Charizard into an official build of Project M.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. :D sucks, but better to play it safe on the legal side of it.

Top Bottom