• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Meet the Staff of Smashboards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Greetings!

My tag is Locke Robster and I have been playing competitive Melee since April 10th, 2013, a little over three years ago. I actually stumbled upon the competitive community when I was having nostalgia from playing Melee back in 2005 with my brother, and I felt like getting the game again just to play it casually and have fun with it again. Out of curiosity, I looked to see if people played the game competitively, and after watching some videos, I was impressed with what I saw. At first I thought the competitive scene had died, but then I saw on reddit that there was going to be a tournament in my city in the next 10 days. That tournament was the official start of me being in the Melee community. I started off as a Link/Young Link main for the first few months, but then I tried out Ganondorf after being told that Link isn't very viable, and the rest has been a roller-coaster adventure for me.

Shortly after I made Ganondorf my main, I really wanted to get better with him, so I went onto the Ganondorf boards and they have been really active ever since then, which still surprises me considering most of the Melee forums are pretty inactive and a lot of the new people have gone to reddit or Facebook :(

I'm a lab monster when it comes to learning about Melee, and even though I know the most about Ganondorf in Melee,I'm pretty familiar with a lot of other characters in Melee. I understand the game pretty well, and I've been commentating at local tournaments for roughly over half a year now. I've also done numerous analyzing videos of other Ganondorf players, but I can honestly analyze pretty much any Melee footage.

I frequent the boards here because I honestly really like how customize-able and nice everything looks on a forum website. I've liked how forums work much more than most social media sites, as it allows me to make lengthy posts and express myself through writing pretty well. I really like digging for information about Melee and posting it to the boards so that other people can understand it and learn from what I have to present. My goal with the Ganon boards is to give it a bit of a makeover so that important pieces of information can be easily found, and so that newcomers can easily get most of the information that they are looking for. Ultimately, we at the Ganon boards are trying to collectively make Ganondorf a better character in the eyes of the public Melee community, by working on optimizing him as a character in a movement similar to 20GX, but coined 20GT (stands for 20 Ganon Takeover) by @-ACE-.

For non-Smash stuff, I'm working on being a Game Developer and am taking Computer Science classes to get a Bachelor's so that I can hopefully get a job in the Game Development Industry. I'm focusing more on that than Melee for the time being since it's an important career path I want to take. I still like to attend a tournament here and there however!

I guess that's all I got for my intro? haha. It's nice to be on the team. I hope I get to know you all well over the coming days :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hello. My name is (Current Name). I'm a Nintenzone Moderator who has been appointed to help out. I joined this site quite a long time ago, back when Melee was being developed. While I always haven't been the brightest user, I've tried my hardest to be reasonable wherever possible. Over the years, I've gotten far better at high quality posts. I do not play competitively for various reasons, but I still can play fairly well. My biggest goal here(besides moderating) is to enjoy the site and have a fun but fruitful discussion. I am by no means perfect, and I won't pretend my debating skills are all that great. But we all have flaws. And that's okay. I'm always glad to help, and have quite a set of ears if you need one to listen to. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom