• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Me Using Pikachu

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ok I have to say it, I never use Pikachu, I never really played Smash 64, and when I played Melee I always used Mewtwo, then in Brawl I was using the trainer, I never really thought of using Pikachu, he actually ended up a punching bag.

My question is should I maybe consider trying him out?

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Go for it. Pikachu is very good, completely tournament viable. If you want to learn his tricks though, ask an actual main, I just kinda use him on occasion.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I like using Pikachu because he supports my mentality of having great mobility and applying pressure on the opponent by getting all up in their face. He has poor zoning options, a rather light weight, and limited ways to land his "traditional" kill moves, but his smashes and unique specials give him great edge guarding techniques and offstage pressure, plus he's very fast and hard to hit (think evasion tank). If that works for you then please go for it!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
What got me interested was actually Elesa from Pokémon Black and White, no she doesn't use one, but she uses Electric Type Pokémon and I'd like to use Pikachu in dedication to my favorite Gym Leader.

Elesa 136.png

She's still my all time favorite Gym Leader, was never really into Electric types until I first saw her in Black and White, this Gym Leader was a huge inspiration in me using many Electric Type Pokémon I would of never thought I'd ever use like Zebstrika, Emolga, Zapdos, Manectric, Thundorous, Luxray, Electivire and now even a interest in Pikachu, a Pokémon I always had a hatred for because well Ash in the Anime.

I'm even thinking about using Pichu in Melee because of this picture, I don't care if he's bottom tier, I adapted in Brawl with Ganondorf as my main so I think I can manage to pull off using Pichu in Melee.

Yes all this was inspired by Elesa, Gym Leaders inspire me to use Pokémon its been that way since 1st gen.

I'm trying to figure out what day Lt Surge trades his Volty Pikachu on Soulsilver, another Electric type Gym Leader who is one of my favorites, but he didn't really inspire me the way Elesa did to use many Electric types seeing that he pretty much mislead me into thinking the only way Pikachu can be powerful is evolving him into Raichu and ever since I saw Pikachu as a weak Pokémon, this is why I don't really like Raichu much.

I tell you what, Pikachu talking in gen 6, reeks of awesomeness, Gamefreak did a excellent job there, I don't want to evolve him.

Very unlikely, but those headphones Elesa has would look rather nice as a hat for Pikachu in Super Smash Bros, make it happen, Sakurai, Pikachu needs more hats and bring back his classic party hat why not he only has like 3 hats which is absolutely stupid, give him more hats.

Yes, @ Oatmeal. Oatmeal. I'm going to do it, I already tried him in Brawl and he was kicking Yoshi's butt, but now its time to debut Pikachu for real, he will win.

I think I might demote Lucario to punching bag though, I love Lucario, but I suck with him in Brawl, I timed myself using him and it takes him longer than A Gothic Romance by Cradle of Filth to finish a match and that song runs for 8:35, that's like 10 minutes Lucario takes to end a match, and I want to use him, but I just can't, he doesn't suck, I just suck with him, again I like Lucario, but unfortunately as far as Brawl goes I'm using him as a punching bag, I hope he's better in Super Smash Bros 4 as in is able to end a match and out drag it out longer than a Cradle of Filth song and Cradle of Filth has a lot of tracks that run longer than minutes, definitely replacing Lucario with Pikachu as my mains.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Glad to hear it.

Also, go Pichu. Do it. Believe in Pichu.

Kagnerac

Smash Rookie
Pikachu's character as far as I can tell is all about growing with your movement ability and your flow of movement with attacks at the same time. I'm not a main, but it's what I've seen watching Pikachu players.

They're extremely comfortable going WAY out there and gimping only to sweetspot the ledge every single time with their up+b on the way back for one thing, and Pikachu doesn't really seem to have many big combos, but the mobility to take and hold momentum with QAC to assist in moving while attacking.

Top Bottom