• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Circuit...?

chillindude829

Smash Master
Yo, what up my fellow MD/VA'ers. As we move forth into what may be the final year of competitive melee in this amazing region, I have a suggestion which should be taken as just that: a suggestion. What do you guys think of an MD/VA circuit?

Basically, the only major changes to our current tournaments would be that a small percentage of the pot at any given tournament would be withheld and saved for the top 3 point-getters at the end of the Circuit. Also, all tournaments would be seeded by points. Other than that, it'd basically be the same tournaments we're used to, except in a more organized fashion.

So what do you guys think?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
that would be ok i guess

im just wondering though is chu dats biweekly up for a circuit ROoofl

i know c3 would be one another one would bee ? hmmm weird i cant think of any maybe like fight club idk ..

chillindude829

Smash Master
Yeah the circuit would prolly be mostly C3's, lol. Those are the biggest and most consistent events. If necessary, we could just make it a circuit consisting entirely of C3's. That would guarantee one event per month.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
I think circuit events should be determined by total pot. That could encourage more traveling and maybe more people to organize a good tourney. There are plenty of tournies all throughout VA that don't get enough attention because VA is too effing big.

Vist

Smash Champion
I like the idea of having people be seeded by points. It would cause much less randomness except for when there's smashers that don't consistently come to tournaments.

and yeah C3 tournaments seem like the only ones worth making into a circuit event at the moment.

hova

Smash Champion
i'm for it, but only if random smashing at my house counts towards my points

i'll make it all official and use ness

random smashing at husband's and kaiser's should count as well

and everytime TA21+ goes out drinking we should get bonus points

g-regulate

Smash Hero
lol @ our seemingly unfair amount of bonus points we would get. bill doesnt even play and he'd be top 3 for sure

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Are you guys going to do this along with Kish's idea? It'd be a good idea to talk to him about it.

I'm pretty sure he's contacted some of you about it already.

G4CE

Smash Rookie
This sounds like a good thing, but would you have the ability to keep up with it? I know a lot of people around VA and MD who just do things half way. They get it started then screw it over later (some people in my crew do that) and it's just a spur of the moment idea. Would you actually hold to it for however long you planned this?

Top Bottom